Is Spitronics the right choice for my 1uzfe vvti is200 swap

johntezza

Hey everyone. Just wondering who has used Spitronics set up for doing a swap with a 1uzfe vvti engine into a is200. Can get ecu, looms, coil driver ( not sure what this is) this is sequential so have 2x4 way coil drivers. As well as this I would also get a idle controller and crank trigger wheel. Then all I need to get is some relays and go from their.

He has informed me this gets me around the security issue with this engine and is fairly straightforward. Is this right or not that simple. I have the manual for wiring off this site so have an idea what is needed.

Any info would be great before I pull out the LS engine and hand over a few €€€.

Also any extras or things I should look into while I'm getting this.

I had a look at this just now, who put you onto them? I cant see a cost easily either, so what are they worth?

Is there any reason why you wouldn't just go with link? (Maybe cost is the reason)

They probably work fine but it seems a bit of an unknown to me.

Hey everyone. Just wondering who has used Spitronics set up for doing a swap with a 1uzfe vvti engine into a is200. Can get ecu, looms, coil driver ( not sure what this is) this is sequential so have 2x4 way coil drivers. As well as this I would also get a idle controller and crank trigger wheel. Then all I need to get is some relays and go from their.

He has informed me this gets me around the security issue with this engine and is fairly straightforward. Is this right or not that simple. I have the manual for wiring off this site so have an idea what is needed.

Any info would be great before I pull out the LS engine and hand over a few €€€.

Also any extras or things I should look into while I'm getting this.

Guessing your in South Africa if considering Spitronics....

• Like 1

fyi link is sold rebranded at vipec in europe

but basically any fully programmable ecu will do the job providing you can get adequate support and tuning to get it running and tuned. advantage of the link might be that you could get a reasonable mail order tune but that isn't really that big of a deal tbh.

Also.
If you have all the vvti stuff, like a front cut, you'll have all you need for security.

This is why I'll be trying to make a "black box" solution when I get to mine :P

The factory ecu and tune is pretty good and controls the auto i'll still be running behind it :D

Correct kyteler I'm Irish. Was put onto this product by a Facebook group called 1uzfe swap parts UK. My main issue with this set up is I have been told it takes the hardship out of wiring and comes with a more then adequate base map while getting rid of the security feature. This all sounds to good to be true and so simple. Wouldn't everyone use it then???? Want to cover all bases before parting with my money. Its roughly 350 English pounds which is about 500 euro.

I'm not entirely convinced, I would tend to go with something that has a bit better market recognition, but maybe they do have that in Ireland?

Any stand alone ECU will make your engine run without the security getting in the way, so that isn't really a concern.

Me personally would go something from the megasquirt range, but that is just my preference. Any of the ECU company's should be able to provide something that will work.

So my advice is find someone local that knows an ECU and use one of those, because nothing is worse than trying to diagnose ECU problems over the internet/email/phone.

• Like 1