SEEN88's Flying Lunchbox

SEEN88

13450029_10153759734110208_7941274807962

The Charade has officially been demoted to project car.

Was overtaking, heard a bang, lost a cylinder and there was massive pressure in the cooling system. It'll be going in the shed and the motor will be coming apart. While I'm at it I will strip the interior out, as it will become a weekend/track day car.

Cheers to @Dolan's Towing Services for the lift from Wanganui!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

the motor wasnt all blue and red colorful was it? (i never got around to painting it normal)

i really want to track down my old car and buy it back and i always have the bad feeling someone will have destroyed it. 

Black rocker cover with red writing. Was yours a GTxx? This has a hybrid turbo, VJ20 compressor housing, not sure of exhaust housing. Apexi AFC Neo air/fuel computer, GReddy Profec B-Spec boost controller too.

• 5 months later...

whats wrong with the engine?? theres not much to them to go wrong! 

also dosent sound like you have my old engine, maybe mine lives on, it was a GTTi though not the rare GTxx. reg is still live. ive not seen any cruising around chch though?

13 hours ago, Fliboi said:

whats wrong with the engine?? theres not much to them to go wrong! 

also dosent sound like you have my old engine, maybe mine lives on, it was a GTTi though not the rare GTxx. reg is still live. ive not seen any cruising around chch though?

flogged its crank keyway.

he's sold it already.

2 minutes ago, Fliboi said:

mine made such a great daily. you could almost lane split it like a motorbike with the tiny turbo it would just shoot through any gap you pointed it at.

i hope you dont miss it as much as i miss mine!

I miss it already! But if I get another one I will try find a much better base than mine. There was so much to fix due to previous owners :( and I just had so much bad luck with it

• Like 1

yeah i know the history of that car and it wasn't built by the sharpest tool in the shed. 

ill probably own another one one day, hopefully my copper coloured one cause we tore that down almost to a bareshell and rebuilt it up. its totally rust free and the motor was bone stock on factory boost.

• Like 1