PBaines - 1985 AE86 Corolla Levin

pbaines

34 minutes ago, maxted said:

nice car mate, some cool photos by the lake. be interested how much of a difference that underlay makes I need to do something similar had thought of getting some of that kilmat sound deadening or do something like what you have done

Cheers! I did the same thing to my KE30. It was well worth it, considering getting off cuts from a carpet shop (usually they're full pieces, not the dregs like I get) is free well worth it.
In terms of noise reduction, it juts makes the sound a bit more muffled, it doesn't cure cancer but it definitely makes a noticeable difference 

11 minutes ago, Mof said:

Yeah tis nice 

May I suggest you put the underlay on the trim panels rather than against the outer skin, leave an air gap. I'd be concerned about it soaking up condensation 

The area attached to the outer skin is pretty plastic'y so can't really absorb too much but I will definitely keep an eye on that. There's a nice access hole below the rear door catch so easy to check
Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

just here to get some info.

is your rear end an f series with t series disc brakes? with mounting brackets swapped from t to f series?

please and thanks

currently asking as got a te71 disc t series rear end for a project but thinking f series would be better for handling the jandle and less cost of parts and using said of altezza LSD unit. 

hilux just seems a bit overkill for many small old rwd toyota's 

Just now, piazzanoob said:

just here to get some info.

is your rear end an f series with t series disc brakes? with mounting brackets swapped from t to f series?

please and thanks

currently asking as got a te71 disc t series rear end for a project but thinking f series would be better for handling the jandle and less cost of parts and using said of altezza LSD unit. 

hilux just seems a bit overkill for many small old rwd toyota's 

Okey dokey, here are the spec's!
F Series rear end
Shortened axles/housing (axles are cut, shortened, welded back together)
Redrilled to 4 x 114.3
S14 Silvia rear brakes
BMW E30 rotors Redrilled to 4 x 114.3
Hubcentric spares made up each side to fix the different hole size between BMW E30 bore.

F Series is definitely the in between of T Series and G Series (Hilux). And will definitely handle Le Jandle more than T series. But if you don't plan on doing skids or drifts, late axle T Series will be just as sufficient.

Just now, Roman said:

49703836312_a16b1276e3_o.jpg

Holy shit I love this pic! 

Car looks amazing. The two tone and slam just makes it look so lush. 

A++ would read thread again when there are more posts in future

The front bumper really doesn't appreciate the slam but.. but pics!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...