PBaines - 1985 AE86 Corolla Levin

pbaines

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled any of the paint/bog off yet?  Someone hasn't put a whole lot of effort into hiding their work...

Looks like straight forward other than the "damage front chassis both sides...has had a repair"

Not yet, they didn't touch any of the paint. Taking the car to get 3D scanned, for structural integrity or something?

I'm not sure how I process that bit about the damgae to front. Soooooooo it's had a repair. Sooo it's fixed? it's good?

The repair cert dude has recommended me a panel beater to use and has had a big yarn with him about what needs to be done so will get taken there in the coming days hopefully

Wow and I thought the list of defects in my compliance report was long... at least mine didn't have that much rust to remedy.

I notice they've asked you to remove the tints as well, must be a recurring theme with a lot of these older cars.

I'm not sure how I process that bit about the damgae to front. Soooooooo it's had a repair. Sooo it's fixed? it's good?

"Yes it's had a repair but we want to make sure it's good enough to meet NZ standards."

Based on what I've just done with my AW11 the car has to go to a panelbeater of your choice, repair certifier will liaise with them to have certain areas ground back and/or stripped for inspection, a whole heap of photos are taken for reference, and then a recommendation will be made to fix whatever's been found and how the certifier wants it to be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

All the mechanical site of things is done, left to do is get a cert for the adjusties (if they can be), get tints on that are 35% and then off to the panel beater.

Question, (this isn't a pic of the car, but same sort of thing. Are you allowed adjustable tension arms? Mine have ones like the pic but mechanic reckons you aren't allowed to have them for a road car.

cff1e585ae40101f4c4a826b30ff05f7.jpg

Kinda swinging both ways. I want to get the Type S Greddy suspension in there and be done with it, but could get it certed with the coilovers that are in there now and then just swap them over. But could slap some original ones in there and worry about getting the type S Greddy ones later. They're a pricey object.

Realistically once I get the car pack from the panel beater, I'll probably just get the car certed and then will just swap the Greddy ones in there at a later point with no hassles.

• 1 month later...