Car alarm for daily

Benno

I'm thinking about getting an alarm installed in my daily, just for a bit of piece of mind. Would need to be at least 4 stars and installed by a professional for my insurance company to recognize it (although I would still save fuck all).

Any recommendations of alarm types and/or installers? Keen not to pay moonbeams if possible, but would prefer a quality job.

Just a heads up, the star rating no longer officially exists. If insurance are asking for "4 star alarm", they are behind the eight ball in not knowing this. May or may not be useful information, but thought i'd chuck it up. The background The guy knows his stuff, and you might be able to see what alarm you want from the reviews / specs tables etc. Sadly, he's not in CHCH.

• Like 2

The alarm in my EA Falcon pisses me off cos the fool that put it in (before I got the car) disabled the central locking. My auto sparky reckons it'd take ages to find which wire got cut to fix it. Also I can't leave it unlocked without the keys in cos it knows it's got no keys and the alarm goes off when I open the door.

I hate alarms. First thing  remove when i buy a car. Fucking beeping horns, sirens and flashing lights grrr. 

Those flashing led lights from jaycar are all you need.

Steering wheel club locks are good aswell.

Dont park your car in dodgy places. (dont cme to auckland)

Just common sense stuff.

Hidden kill switches are good too.