Ralph-01's 1977 Toyota corolla ke30

Ralph-01

Hey team I am new to this forum business but I thought that I'll give it a shot!

The ke30 has been in the family for a good 17 or so years ever since my sister purchased it as her first car. It was pretty much standard, rocking a 3k and a four speed manual gearbox. It also had a lovely mustard yellow paint job. While in Kate's (sister) possession she had it painted ford blue, swaped out the engine and gearbox for a 4k and a five speed manual and put on a sweet set of 14" tridents.

The car was then daily driven for around four years until Kate decided to upgrade to a newer car. However she could not bare to let the trusty old Rolla go so it resided on mums lawn for the next three odd years slowly but surely being eaten away by rust.

When I was 14 I had finally managed to convince her to hand the ke30 down to me, cheers sis! Having no money though the best thing I could do was to get into dry storage at the old mans as it was now no way warrantable and I had already decided it was going to be a big restoration project.

Many years had past until last year when I decided enough was enough! And managed to convince the old fella to make the body rust free for a few boxes of beer, he is a panel beater after all. So currently the car is now fully rust free and strait all primed up for a coat of paint this summer. I have also purchased a near complete worked 5k, was missing the block and one con-rod. I'm sure you guys can put two and two together there. I now have the block just need to get it bored out and skimmed, haven't located a set of stronger con-rods yet.

Still a lot to do on the car and a long road ahead but I'll keep chipping away and keep this thread up dated!! Also still trying to figure out how to upload pics but I'll upload some when I do!

• Like 3