The Aliexpress Special, aka Raizer playing with scooters

Raizer

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man you are spending up a storm! Death by scoot!

Not as much as you might think, but still a LOT more than I ever planned to spend!!

This should give a good reliable engine, with enough torque to wheelie on demand haha

I'm living my scooter fantasy's vicariously through this fred/you. I'm pretty darn excited, haha. Makes me want my street magic back.  

:-D :grin:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/scooters/auction-1033699561.htm Race you at J5's sausage fest if I can get up for it!

Not as much as you might think, but still a LOT more than I ever planned to spend!!

This should give a good reliable engine, with enough torque to wheelie on demand haha

:-D :grin:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/scooters/auction-1033699561.htm Race you at J5's sausage fest if I can get up for it!

Damn, that's a bit fancy, I was thinking $500 or under, ha.

Damn, that's a bit fancy, I was thinking $500 or under, ha.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/scooters/auction-1037448354.htm

You meat the nicest people on a Honda...

Loctite came today, so have stuck the vacuum fitting in place

qWA4U54.jpg

As well as a CHT gauge that turned up DOA

PAxmZUS.jpg

eBay seller is sending a replacement.

First off FUCK WHITE KNIGHT PAINT!!! :x :-x
Been curing for days, baked with heat gun, baked in the oven, still soft enough to smear with a rag!!
Going to scrub the engine with a rag and brake cleaner, mask it and just blow it over with plain old silver or black high temp :?

Anyway, bearings and seals arrived from VG, so I armed myself with some dry ice and put my cases in the oven, decided to risk it with the bushings fitted I just kept a close eye on them!

qKSFJ6b.jpg

ElspgiH.jpg
YqJJf9w.jpg

Went together easily enough!

4rnv2l6.jpg

Got in trouble for the shitty paint ruining her good chopping board :x

XdTscJn.jpg

HHTaEEw.jpg

Ca1mtQm.jpg
Even remembered how the gears go lol

Tn2wiq9.jpg

Yet again the 4 stroke engine came through for me, like new brake pads!
WQHdcnZ.jpg
And that's about where I'm up to, think I've seated my smaller crank seal too deep so will need to get another one, and I don't want to go fitting the manifold and new cylinder etc up before I repaint it, so tomorrow I'm planning on fitting an old cyl with no piston, covering all the openings and masking it all the best I can so I can try to wash all this paint off :doubt:

Oh and had a play with the LED lightbar I was going to use as a headlight originally
FcH5bPR.jpg
9ZbTi2l.jpg

Kinda ugly, but function over form!

• Like 1

2 small squirts of WD40 rubbed around by hand then wiped off with a rag =

SwRUe6R.jpg

FUCK WHITE KNIGHT PAINT!!  
Can't believe it's a PPG product!

Going with either Dupli-Color high temp cast iron, or saying fuck it and leaving it rough and raw.

I think the can reckons "self etching", but yeah possibly.     Although I still would have expected it to at least dry, flake off maybe, but still dry.

Got an email this morning from the seller I brought my CHT display from, the replacement has been sent.

No photos today, but I gave it a quick squirt with SCA degreaser and the paint just washed off my engine like dust!
Spent a while masking it off the best I could with it mostly assembled, wiped it down with wax and grease remover then sprayed on 3 coats of that Duplicolor engine enamel ($5 for a can trade at BNT FTW, fuck paying SCA $18).
15 minutes later the paint felt bone dry already which is a great sign to me!

Leaving it overnight to cure a bit more, then will most likely fit the cylinder and some other parts tomorrow arvo, pics then!

Edit: went and baked it a bit with my heat gun

wGyQVlM.jpg

*Not the final drive cover I'm using.

Paint has set nice and hard!!

49cc vs 68cc ("70cc")
HNAfjJ4.jpg

Kinda got into a zone and forgot to take pics of the piston etc being fitted, but you all know what a piston looks like.

Greased up the oil pump drive, although I'm still tossing up going to premix.
bRGeOIW.jpg

OH4LQVh.jpg
Reed block, inlet on, also VG's pump drive cover to stop any crap getting in there.
The kit came with some nice reed petals too
2b655No.jpg

vnxGW30.jpg

1XTFam7.jpg
Had to remove the cover from the wiring and de-pin the pick up from the plug, the Let's has a 2 wire pick up where the AZ and 4t etc are only single wire, so I'm going to wire this stator into the Let's 4 pin plug.

dprvDof.jpg

Have also refitted the final drive and oiled it up.
I think I'm at the point now where I have to start stripping my Scoot for the bits to continue, so I'm going to go for a decent ride after lunch then pull all the plastics off and probably pull the motor.

• Like 1

One last 49cc speed run, and I ran out of road!

Tamucya.jpg

Pic heavy post ahead!

CHT thermocouple has arrived, would be better if I had a working display though haha
bOqtvsL.jpg

Anyway, got back to my shed and hung the ass of the scoot in the air

JUOqo2o.jpg

q5SrYcw.jpg
Dropped the motor out and pulled all the CVT parts off

518bS9C.jpg
New contra spring fitted.

lWAL4bH.jpg
CVT all fitted

i7HQXMf.jpg

nn9daOu.jpg
Loom sorted, but think I'm going to change the factory Let's plugs to weather sealed like the AZ had.

Engine back in already!
4efXDBC.jpg

Would love to ditch that crappy rear shock!!
I've got a decent AN125 one here, but as I think I've said before it's just too long for this thing
yWOu6Ti.jpg

Thinking of ordering something like this when I've got some more $$
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Net-shock-absorption-device-motorcycle-refit-shock-absorption-device-after-shock-absorption-jog-scooter-shock-absorption/1694216570.html

Had to order in a spark plug for it which should be here in the morning, so all going well I'll be able to fire it up tomorrow!
Just working out what jet and needle to put in the carb before I fit it.

Also the oil pump was working fine on the old engine, but at cranking speed I can't seem to get anything out of it on this one?
Does it need to be spinning faster or is there more to it??
I opened the bleed screw on the top of the pump and there is oil there, but nothing coming out the tube when I crank it on the starter.

Soft seized it on Friday, this thing is taking much bigger jets than anyone I've talked to would have guessed!

Most guys running this cylinder with a stock airbox on say a Yamaha are ending up with a main jet around 96, I'm at 104 and still a touch lean!

p5o2bVu.jpg

Discovered I can now change jets without having to remove the carb from the manifold, makes it soo much easier!

That's with a 104mj and A21 needle lifted 1 clip from centre.

Thinking 106 might be the go.

Once I'm not broke as fuck again I think I'm going to order a .4mm oversized piston kit, I don't think I did much damage with the soft seize, but still it'll be good to have.

Edit: Think I'm going to run the Stage 6 pipe I've got, started working out it's mounting last night

nDQYV1c.jpg

It needs to come down a fair bit as it hits some of the plastics, original plan was just to recut the header pipe and rotate it down, but I think that will loose too much ground clearance.

So now I'm thinking a few pie cuts in the first big bend might be the way to go?

7jdw9x5.jpg

• Like 2

Lets play a little guessing game shall we?

It's called is this big or little end knock?

I've got my fingers crossed I've fried my (pricey reinforced) small end bearing rather than the big end.

Prace brets now!

Cranks fucked.

Piston isn't too flash either, but a rub with some 400g paper should see if clean up good enough.

Be6zKBo.jpg

Cylinder just needs a light hone.

n0l8A3s.jpg

Going to polish the piston a bit, hone the cylinder and whack them on the engine I took out.

Then one day when I've got more than $1.08 to my name I'll look at a new crank and oversize piston to rebuild the engine I just rebuilt.