The Aliexpress Special, aka Raizer playing with scooters

Raizer

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I changed clutch springs on a scooter I used a vice on the big nut and a oil filter strap wrench on the clutch bell for leverage, it worked pretty well and a lot cheaper than a giant socket.

Yeah another way is to hold a big crescent on the nut and tap the handle on the ground.

But Suzuki recessed the super thin nut on these so I couldn't get a spanner or the vice jaws on it.

Am happy enough with paying $14 for the socket from BNT though, way better than the $32 SCA want lol

Hey have you still got that UZ50 injector/TB etc?    I'm pretty sure that I have got the rest of the motor and ECU etc here, went to rob a couple of bits off that "GY6" I brought from you the other day and realized it has a multi pick up flywheel and has Suzuki's name for Nicasil cast on the bore.

Cut up the bracket today and bent the pipe away from the wheel a bit

fRNCHkZ.jpg

Thinking of getting the pipe Milspec coated through work to prevent any rust issues in future.

Pulled the clutch to bits and found that my uprated springs are way to big, but fit in the factory 2 arm clutch fine so have swapped it back for now

JGGrHb8.jpg

Upjetted the carb and tried to test ride, realized the variator rollers where way to heavy before I even left the driveway

bcvBQIz.jpg

Made them lighter

j304El2.jpg

Ended up at 4.3g, still too heavy though as it's only just starting to come up into it's power band now.

Thinking 4g might work nicely, will order a new set once I find the ideal weight.

• Like 1

Na I'm happy with carbed 2 strokes/will be once I get this thing tuned, just came to mind you'd had the TB on TM and thought it might sell better as a package.

Tuning for this pipe is kicking my ass, have got my variator rollers down to 3x 3.52g and 3x 4.01g now.

Has improved things a bit, but don't think there light enough as yet!

It's at least eventually starting to get on pipe now, but it just isn't accelerating well at all.

So much for "Suzuki's don't have a limiter on there DC CDIs" or "they have a 10,000rpm limit", I often forget not to believe everything I read on the internet, especially translated from Japanese!

Last 3 day's I've been trying to tune past the 9000rpm limit!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm sure any of you still reading this thread is sick of my long posts, so I'll try to make this somewhat to the point!

Shot down to BNT and grabbed a colder plug (BPR7HS vs the stock BPR6HS), went to my workshop and fitted the CDI and plug

dBtJb9p.jpg

Slightly bigger than the stock one, fits nice and snug.  Also one of the old owners has trimmed up the battery compartment and managed to fit a much bigger battery than the stock one.

I needed to go up a couple jet sizes, but decided I should made sure it at least started first, it fired up better than the stock CDI, mint!

Tacho didn't work, not mint!

Changed tacho input signal from positive pulse to negative, tacho now works, mint!

Changed the main jet and spark plug, tested it, hanging a touch on decel, raised the needle and went to take it for a test run.

Opened it up, clutch engaged at about 5500, OMG WHEELIE!!!!

Rode around a bit, seemed to be pretty sweet!

Needs slightly heavier rollers and a heavier contra spring.

Then found a closed road on private property... and attempted to open it up

Turns out that at 80k I chicken out and decide trying to ride one handed is not such a great idea!!!

Next run hit 93k at about 9600rpm and it was still pulling :shock: :shock: :shock:

But there is a nasty sounding vibration after about 88k so didn't push it any harder as I was worried it was the crank eating itself!

Hard to ride at legal speed too, the throttle is only just open at 50k!

Of course that's all a big story and I've set the speedo to read really high, it's still limited to 50k max...

giphy.gif

Lol and it still ended up a long, hopefully somewhat entertaining post 

• Like 4

It's surprisingly stable at that speed, but still rather terrifying! 

Just about ate the seat when it started making a hell of a noise though haha!

The bigger tyres and big disc brake make a world of difference compared to how it was though.

Might have to see if a friendly bearing man can price up some good crank bearings for my other bottom end though :wink:

Would be interesting to see how it goes with a 70cc kit on it...

I have been fiddling with my carb again this afternoon, took a bit of fuel out of the idle-1/4 throttle mix adjustment (my Keihin has a fuel screw rather than an air screw like most Dellortos etc) which got rid of the 4 stroke gurgle at low revs, fingers crossed it's not too lean under load now, sounds aright sitting at 50ish though.
Think I'm still a little lean at WOT, so going to go from the current 85mj to an 87 and see if that helps the top end at all.
Am pretty sure now my "lean RPM hang" problem I've been trying to tune out is actually my clutch not disengaging from the bell until until I slow down to a near stop, when taking off from a standstill it engages at around 5000rpm, but when slowing down I can open the throttle at as low as 2000rpm and it is clearly engaged as the scoot will accelerate.

What's the go for a decent 2T oil that isn't going to rape my wallet like Silkolene or Motul 710?

At the moment I've been running Castrol Activ 2T which is Jasco FC certified but is still a straight out mineral oil (also helped that it can be had cheap haha)

1LActiv2T4100595.jpg

Have had the full synthetic Penrite MC-2ST oil recommend to me by a couple other scooter guys.

penrite-mc-2st-plnesynteticky-1l-600x600

but looking at the Penrite site it's pretty much stocked only 4 SCA's in NZ or Repco, apparently our SCA cant get it and our Repco really sucks!!!

Think we've got a tractor/farm supply place that carries a large range of Elf oils, will have a look tomorrow!

But I think I'll see if they can get either the moto 2 tech or possibly the scooter 2 street max rather than the race one as I plan on keeping the auto mix.

http://www.elf.com/en/consumers/bike-oil/motorcycle-oil/elf-moto-2-tech.html

http://www.elf.com/en/consumers/bike-oil/scooter-oil/elf-scooter-2-street-max.html

Other easy to get options I'm finding here is Havoline super 2t which is much for muchness with the Castrol and there is a Total distributor that apparently carries a lot of 2t oil for the go kart guys here.

Edit: just realized Elf is part of Total lol

Will give Repco another try too, stood around at the counter being ignored for 15-20 minutes yesterday before giving up and walking out.

Fuck the others, TBH. Get elf.

I ran elf in the NSR when in Dorkers, never had any problems, really good consumption and heat levels, was awesome. Couldn't get it when I moved back home so used Castrol's best and it was twice the consumption if not more it also seized (can't entirely pin that on Castrol as that was partly my fault but I like to imagine that were it running elf still, it wouldn't have happened). Would not trade again.

• Like 1