SR2’s 1947 Vauxhall “Rigamortice” Discussion thread.

sr2

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with regards to the leather conditioning, gliptone is amazing. im not sure if you can get it in nz bit if you can, it gets a firm recommendation from me. theres 2 stages, cleaner and conditioner. you'll only need the cleaner once,  conditioner once every year or 3. whatever suits. 

10 hours ago, NickJ said:

Buy a bit of this for old leather, works a treat on boots.

https://www.saddlerywarehouse.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1050

I second this movement, neatsfoot oil is excellent.

Also, when we ordered it last we got it under @hampie's name and they kept sending saddlery warehouse advertising stuff to her. Got to tease her about being a horse lady whenever it turned up til we moved house.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 09:30, igor said:

Following with interest. Agree 100% with strength before looks and/or originality in welded repairs. Especially where it will be all but invisible when finished.

Thanks mate.

Some decades before I discovered more lucrative careers existed I was trained in stick & gas (gas was always my forte). 

I am an old guy with bad eyesight, but I know what a strong weld looks and feels like. (Youthful exuberance is still no match for old age and treachery!).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Flash said:

Jeez, slow down Simon. You are making the rest of us look bad LOL.

Seriously tho, good work mate. You are steaming through it now.

Thanks mate, I'm actually about 3 weeks behind in my posts - lots of progress and pic's but not enough time in front of the PC!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Targa sharns, Cheetah was off the road a little bit on stage 9 when we went passed, I have some video of that, then I helped push start it before stage 11, frig it was heavy going. 

At the end of the event cheetah was in need of a new battery for the trip home. 

Didn't really see the altezza all event. 

53 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

Targa sharns, Cheetah was off the road a little bit on stage 9 when we went passed, I have some video of that, then I helped push start it before stage 11, frig it was heavy going. 

At the end of the event cheetah was in need of a new battery for the trip home. 

Didn't really see the altezza all event. 

Thanks for that mate, it's my brother behind the wheel of the Cheetah. Would love to see the video.

The battery issue ended up being simply the alternator (off a Torana from memory) being too lower output for the increased power usage, we've ordered a much bigger aftermarket unit.

The Altezza was out for most of Saturday afternoon, the high voltage fried the fan, blew fuses and the fuseable links and generally melted shit all over the place! Spent most of Saturday night fitting a replacement alternator, rigging up a spare fan, repairing a multitude of burnt stuff and trying to put the smoke back in the wires! All good fun.

8 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

How have I missed this so far?

cool build mate, love the build log. Had a good giggle at CAD.

fill be following along now for the rest of the build.

Thanks mate, you can rest assured that both myself and Rigamortice have enjoyed the journey so far.

• Like 1