piazzanoob's 1981 Toyota Starlet Discussion

piazzanoob

• 5 months later...

I hate gilmers on 4ks, they sound gay as shit because the cars are actually slow, they are expensive, and as said the fuck alternator bearings. If you wanted it to sound slash go better throw the crappy coby extractors in the scrap metal bin, they actually flow less than a stock twin pipe cast manifold. Or spend 500 having Sheldon Rush make a set of his super lush 4-2-1 tuned length headers. That's the way to go and is what my rally car will be getting when I have some spare coin

• 4 weeks later...

i'd go for a floppy gym sock over the V can, it's unique, flea from the chillipeppers would roll it as a costume, and you can use it to clean the dipstick.

cool starlet. yeah forget the shiny bolt-on bits and throw your money at making the car sweet to use. trust me, it'll make sense in a couple years.

• Like 2

i'd go for a floppy gym sock over the V can, it's unique, flea from the chillipeppers would roll it as a costume, and you can use it to clean the dipstick.

cool starlet. yeah forget the shiny bolt-on bits and throw your money at making the car sweet to use. trust me, it'll make sense in a couple years.

great idea!

buuuut

i think the only thing i would end up seeing is it going up in flames 

remember there's heat electricity and fuel vapour's in my engine bay 

very valid point 

but generally making bits shiny etc doesnt cost me much 

mostly 0$$ as i get stuff from work bolt's paint etc 

but im all go for Function over show 

• 1 month later...

What's up with those pop rivets? Also, not sure you're cutting out enough.

previous person who had done work on it used pop rivets to hold all the door rubbers in.

only doing the spots that are showing rust atm 

best thing would be to unstitch the inside of the doors and redo all of it but thats a massive job.

remeber you cant stop rust it will always come back in these cars all i can do is pervent it and fix the bits it has.