mlracing's Hakosuka.

kyteler

I'll see if I can dig up some photos of it and we'll see if it's the same - had a pretty hard life. Was the fastest car I'd driven until a friend got a WRX STi Type RA.

Haha cool, I think it used to have white 17s on it or something as well back in the day. No doubt it's had a hard life but it's still kicking!

How'd you get to Rocky Auto? Very nice. Good to see those mats in that Rocky Auto car :)

Had Ewan drive us there, that was my first trip over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hahahaha it took seeing the Moonlight sticker on the back window to realise it's you Alex! Then I spotted the user name... :) Congratulations bro, I'm super jealous of your Hako! Wanna swap for my AE86? Yeah right he sez... Loving the 4door!

AE86 is on my garage wish list buttttt... I'll stick to the Hako for now haha

Hah what a noob, I've now "discovered" the discussion links :) Seeing your Hako makes me think fondly of Watanabe-san @ Fun2Drive taking me for a spirited hoon in their rental Hako. Not sure if it had the L28 but it sure went well, would leave my AE behind - "Six cirinder is best!" - I might just agree with him :) Are you on the hunt for an OS Giken head? :tongue:859195_519829191401233_2105723117_o_zps4

40's would be too small for a big cam'd L28, buuuuuuuddy. Not so sure I would trust that piece of info about them. Will be interesting to see how they go but I would say at a guess that they suit your current motor better than an L28 with a cam but even so, they'll need tuned regardless. Fuel & air differences mean you will not get away with leaving them closed if you want any useful performance from them.

40's would be too small for a big cam'd L28, buuuuuuuddy. Not so sure I would trust that piece of info about them. Will be interesting to see how they go but I would say at a guess that they suit your current motor better than an L28 with a cam but even so, they'll need tuned regardless. Fuel & air differences mean you will not get away with leaving them closed if you want any useful performance from them.

na , 40's work great on a cammed L28 , will even run a 3.1 , absolute top end is the only area you would lose on but flexibility , throttle response and mid-range would be better than 45/8's

• 1 month later...

You sure the original wiper motor is totally fried?

Its pretty unusual for electric motors to completely die but i guess your car is pretty old.

Ive had good success pulling motors apart and cleaning them, normally the armature gets clogged up in the gaps with carbon where the brushes make contact. Clean the copper up with really fine wet dry 1200 grit and get all the gunk out of the gaps with brake clean.

Might be worth a shot before trying to make a S13 one fit (and that looks way off to be honest)

• Like 1

You sure the original wiper motor is totally fried?

Its pretty unusual for electric motors to completely die but i guess your car is pretty old.

Ive had good success pulling motors apart and cleaning them, normally the armature gets clogged up in the gaps with carbon where the brushes make contact. Clean the copper up with really fine wet dry 1200 grit and get all the gunk out of the gaps with brake clean.

Might be worth a shot before trying to make a S13 one fit (and that looks way off to be honest)

Nah it still goes it's just got no balls. For example if the wipers are not on the windscreen then it will go but still shittily, however when the wipers are on the windscreen sometimes it can't even move them. I could take it all apart and have a poke, and it's definitely still an option.

I agree, I think that S13 one is a no hoper

vac wipers are fine, as long as you dont need to use them while going up hill

or ever

i had the same issue with wipers not working when touching the screen on a morris 1800

turns out the battery was stuffed and the generator was barely keeping up

probably its an issue with an earth, best to poke around with a multimeter and confirm

What would be the recommended way to test the earth/circuit? Just make sure it's getting solid 12v? Or would it be better to test for resistance?

I still reckon there's a problem with the motor anyway, it looks like the original one.

Also lols about the vacuum wipers, I remember my mum talking about those and said it was pretty scary when it was raining