kyteler

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Did you know:

Not all 10's and 110's came with Intermittent, indeed it was generally only the lu'X'ury model, with all its other fancy trimmings like electric windows, etc.

Phwoar. I tell you. Things were crazy back in the day.

• Like 4

Did you know:

Not all 10's and 110's came with Intermittent, indeed it was generally only the lu'X'ury model, with all its other fancy trimmings like electric windows, etc.

Phwoar. I tell you. Things were crazy back in the day.

I'm glad I don't have electric windows, just another thing to fail haha

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so now that you're enlightened about how to put the electric motor back together - how do you do it?! I did it recently with 3 people and a collection of tweezers...

It's still a major pain in the ass but to get the bushes back in their springy home while you're fucking around with the rest, loop the wire around the little catch at the end of each bit. That probably makes no sense.

Assuming that's what you're talking about.

It's still a major pain in the ass but to get the bushes back in their springy home while you're fucking around with the rest, loop the wire around the little catch at the end of each bit. That probably makes no sense.

Assuming that's what you're talking about.

I get it - makes way more sense than what I tried/eventually achieved!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

In regards to the clunking, are you sure the piston rod nuts are all the way home? I've had it before where the piston hadn't locked into the top hat correctly and so the piston was turning when I thought it was locked in place. Meant clunky noises. Popped the nuts off, and realigned the piston rod into the top hat (it had a cut out, hadn't noticed it at first), this locked the piston and allowed it to be properly tightened. You've likely already got that sorted, but just thought i'd mention it in case. Or your setup may not be the same. I'd just check by tightening it and checking the piston isn't turning.

On 06/02/2017 at 23:25, Bling said:

In regards to the clunking, are you sure the piston rod nuts are all the way home? I've had it before where the piston hadn't locked into the top hat correctly and so the piston was turning when I thought it was locked in place. Meant clunky noises. Popped the nuts off, and realigned the piston rod into the top hat (it had a cut out, hadn't noticed it at first), this locked the piston and allowed it to be properly tightened. You've likely already got that sorted, but just thought i'd mention it in case. Or your setup may not be the same. I'd just check by tightening it and checking the piston isn't turning.

Yeah the cutout is aligned (if we're talking about the same thing) as it wouldn't fit the hole without that being in the right place. Yeah those rubber covers have definitely seen better days.. but I think the spring seat is ok but could be right on that too @Sambo

• 5 months later...
On 05/08/2017 at 20:14, kyteler said:

Eeeeeeh,  I don't know maaaaaan.  The repro c130 plastic looks weird like the early chromies. 

Yeah see how it goes, I just like having no orange on the car now as the rear lights of course don't have orange in it either.

On 05/08/2017 at 20:15, beachlander said:

Lol are they the $20 ones off yahoo?

Yeah cheapies lol