kyteler

mlracing's Hakosuka.

I love how these look big, especially the coupes. But in reality are only slightly bigger than a Datsun 1600. Must be a heap of fun to drive with a 2L or bigger 6.

Love the car, heaps jealous!

Being a crown piner I have to ask about the one in the background, is that making its way to NZ as well?

Cheers

Matt

Love the car, heaps jealous!

Being a crown piner I have to ask about the one in the background, is that making its way to NZ as well?

Cheers

Matt

That Crown was being worked on by Shane at Stacked for a domestic customer who wanted it delivered to where my car was being collected from. Not going to NZ, sorry!

• Like 1

I can't tell you not to repaint it red, but that silver colour is so beautiful, maybe just paint the watanabes (?) wheel caps to red, and the r of the gt-r logo  :-)

I can't tell you not to repaint it red, but that silver colour is so beautiful, maybe just paint the watanabes (?) wheel caps to red, and the r of the gt-r logo  :-)

No GT-R logo going on here my friend. It's not a GT-R or a clone so won't put it on :) 2000GT life!

• Like 1

Soooooooo Jealous bro. Almost makes me want to sell my AE85 and land myself a Kenmeri haha.

I look forward to it being road legal so you can take me for a spin and pop my Hako cherry.

I love the front end on this car.

Wow...so back in 2012 at the last RR gathering I went to I spotted what I just thought was an old nissan done up as a race car with a pretty looking engine. Its not until now that I find out it was a genuine and very rare c10 GT-R. Whoops. I took a few photos but only seemed to have kept the engine bay shot :-( . I had taken sooooooo many photos on that last trip over that I had to do a cull and I thought not many would be interested in 'another race car mock up'. I'm not really that clued up about many old Japanese cars to be honest.

Dear oh dear. I feel dirty.

anyway- here.. the one photo I kept...

P1030761_JPG.jpg

Bryn's article on it. Bryn told us he was keen on coming over to stay a bit again. If so maybe he takes pretty photos of your car.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/08/car-feature-hakosuka-skyline/

• Like 5

You should contact Alan if you've any queries about specifics of your beast, dude. He's a fucking wizard and a super nice chap. I've not actually spoken to him in ages but I'm sure he hasn't changed.

• Like 1

A C10 coupe just turned up in chch , a mate just imported it after looking for quite sometime . Already has a impressive garage of Nissan toys

• Like 1

Stoked for you man, good stuff!

Get us a sweet collection of pictures now you have it this side of the water.

Shit yeah, this is rad.

I notice the little NZTA sticker on the front screen, did it get flagged for anything too unsavoury?

Shit yeah, this is rad.

I notice the little NZTA sticker on the front screen, did it get flagged for anything too unsavoury?

lol you know, just rust everywhere. As expected

Is it real rust (rot)  that actually means something or the slightly brown hint of a stain of corrosion that NZTA gets all fussed about?

• Like 1

Oh it still has the pooz points based dizzy?  

Ditch it, man.  Best easy upgrade I did on my 110 was swapping the points out for the electronic from an S130.  Different coil, different dizzy, little wire change and wallah, smoooooooooth uninterrupted revolutions for all.

Plugs look OK, it's not burning oil (yet) so that's a good thing!

Oh it still has the pooz points based dizzy?  

Ditch it, man.  Best easy upgrade I did on my 110 was swapping the points out for the electronic from an S130.  Different coil, different dizzy, little wire change and wallah, smoooooooooth uninterrupted revolutions for all.

Plugs look OK, it's not burning oil (yet) so that's a good thing!

Hmm.. will investigate, I have heard of this upgrade before.

Is it real rust (rot)  that actually means something or the slightly brown hint of a stain of corrosion that NZTA gets all fussed about?

Nah there's some proper repairs required. Will get more detail when I actually take it in though.

• Like 1