kyteler

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the car, heaps jealous!

Being a crown piner I have to ask about the one in the background, is that making its way to NZ as well?

Cheers

Matt

That Crown was being worked on by Shane at Stacked for a domestic customer who wanted it delivered to where my car was being collected from. Not going to NZ, sorry!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I love the front end on this car.

Wow...so back in 2012 at the last RR gathering I went to I spotted what I just thought was an old nissan done up as a race car with a pretty looking engine. Its not until now that I find out it was a genuine and very rare c10 GT-R. Whoops. I took a few photos but only seemed to have kept the engine bay shot :-( . I had taken sooooooo many photos on that last trip over that I had to do a cull and I thought not many would be interested in 'another race car mock up'. I'm not really that clued up about many old Japanese cars to be honest.

Dear oh dear. I feel dirty.

anyway- here.. the one photo I kept...

P1030761_JPG.jpg

Bryn's article on it. Bryn told us he was keen on coming over to stay a bit again. If so maybe he takes pretty photos of your car.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/08/car-feature-hakosuka-skyline/

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Oh it still has the pooz points based dizzy?  

Ditch it, man.  Best easy upgrade I did on my 110 was swapping the points out for the electronic from an S130.  Different coil, different dizzy, little wire change and wallah, smoooooooooth uninterrupted revolutions for all.

Plugs look OK, it's not burning oil (yet) so that's a good thing!

Oh it still has the pooz points based dizzy?  

Ditch it, man.  Best easy upgrade I did on my 110 was swapping the points out for the electronic from an S130.  Different coil, different dizzy, little wire change and wallah, smoooooooooth uninterrupted revolutions for all.

Plugs look OK, it's not burning oil (yet) so that's a good thing!

Hmm.. will investigate, I have heard of this upgrade before.

Is it real rust (rot)  that actually means something or the slightly brown hint of a stain of corrosion that NZTA gets all fussed about?

Nah there's some proper repairs required. Will get more detail when I actually take it in though.

• Like 1