mlracing's Hakosuka.

kyteler

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately our system isn't foolproof to such a manner as much as you would like to hope that anything that has come into the country in recent times has been correctly entered by chassis code, it doesn't mean it will have been. Anything older and I would almost guarantee the errors.

Mine? Nope.

It's all 70's spec. It's a '73, imported from Aus in '75, been registered since then, no re-vin necessary.

The '63 will need re-vinned. Haven't done that yet but that's a registered when imported lark also (sold new out of CHCH), still have plates, etc.

there IS at least one c10 GTR in the country and its stored somewhere central/southish south island. my father worked with the owner for a short period, sadly enough it pretty much never sees open air. i cant remember the guys name but dad probably could. 

of course he could have been lying, but i don't really think he was, also i have heard quiet rumors of there being a gtr around for years so it seemed to line up.

i would love one these, following with great interest/jealousy 

I've heard of this legendary Central Otago collection from heaps of people I've the years. At this point if it's all true then I'm picturing some sort of thunderbirds hangar cut out of a mountain filled with everything from a Saturn v stage 1 section to f-14s used in top gun to the first ever 1964 mustang. I may have called the guy when I was doing documentaries at broadcasting school, I think his reaction was basically "I have no idea who you are why would I just let you in my garage." Fair call I guess.

• Like 1

I would hazard a guess of it being a replica. A real C10 GT-R is some serious money. Not saying it's not true but people are easily tricked by cosmetics and badges.

i know a real GTR is essentially priceless, and i can certainly understand the inclination to it being a replica. but from what ive heard its a real one. i know the guy was very very cagey about letting anyone know where it was, so in my mind that could either mean it definitely exists, or it doesn't exist haha. 

ill ask dad to refresh me on the details next time i see him. but im fairly confident in saying its a genuine GTR, while fully understanding what that statement means,  

i would also be interested to know if anyone else in the south island (north island too i guess) has ever heard the rumor of there being a GTR in NZ over the years. 

• Like 1