mlracing's Hakosuka.

kyteler

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/49703-mlracing-1971-skyline-2000gt-sedan-hakosuka/

Brah.

No shit? Good stuff. I can tell already you've made Richie very jealous.

I have seen evidence of one coupe on a boat but where it ended up, I don't know for certain.

There is definitely another sedam. Aaron has one and also some issues due to the previous owner passing away. Anyway.

Yours! Bro! Congrats!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron is dattohorder? hoarder? Something like that.

I forget his nickname but his story is a shit one, he had to buy that car twice.

He bought it off the TM guy who had stolen it (as well as several others) from the Rolleston guy, the police confiscated it and it got re-sold at the Rolleston car auction where Aaron had to bid against a couple of guys fairly keen on it. Luckily the auctioneer was on his side after hearing the story of it all and Aaron had told everyone who came near it the story of the car so when he won the auction there was a round of applause and cheering.

Still sucks that he had to buy it twice.

It was advertised on TM with ugly massive chrome wheels, IIRC.

• Like 3

The look on peoples faces when it went from a decrepit wreck to a beautiful car that was casually wheeled out onto a trailer after the auction was priceless.

Enough of Aarons one thuogh..

What are your plans? Triples at the very least, I hope?

• Like 1

The look on peoples faces when it went from a decrepit wreck to a beautiful car that was casually wheeled out onto a trailer after the auction was priceless.

Enough of Aarons one thuogh..

What are your plans? Triples at the very least, I hope?

For now just get it going and do rust removal. Future I'd love triples and L28 for sure. Also would like to put it back to red, that colour is really nice and a bit different from most of the silver ones you see around.

L9uNXKy.jpg

Did you need those shipping/compliance cost breakdowns still, Alex? Or have you got that side of things sussed?

Nah got the goods from Ewan should be sweet

Aaron's one looks really nice, I see the rear guard is cut, rust problems there for his one or more style?

It was like that when he got it so done in Japan I would say. Seems a relatively common exercise.

Yeah, usually from rust problems but that's how the GT-R came so also common to emulate that style. 

I've now been in touch with Aaron so that's cool, I've heard there could be a third around, anyone know ?