Truenotch's dirt bike powered grass kart

Truenotch

That's interesting smokinjoe. I might look at sleeving over the threaded rod to add more strength. I've got lots of extra though, so mightgive it a go first and see what happens. What application caused the bent rods for you? Grass kart?

I might know of one of these setup for the grass, if anybodys keen. 125cc 5 speed on it. Goes hard. Or i have a crg kart with a kt100 on in. Full race spec. Raced at te aroha dirt track for a couple of seasons.

I'm keen to hear more about the first one... Need two so we can have races at 10-5's house.

sorry mate, but the threaded rod for steering links won't last 5 mins......... been there, failed !!

get some thick walled tube and thread inside

threaded rod will be fiiiiiinnnne unless you crash it into a wall or something, in our racing karts we use aluminium ones and use they as a bending point in a crash to save damaging more expensive parts. 

just buy my kz2 and win at life/be the king of grass skids/

• Like 2

sorry mate, but the threaded rod for steering links won't last 5 mins......... been there, failed !!

get some thick walled tube and thread inside

I've got a bunch of this under my bench which should be the perfect size to thread inside diameter. Bought it to make beefed up rear arms for the old aw11 mr2.

Your welcome to as much as you need for steering arms

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That's interesting smokinjoe. I might look at sleeving over the threaded rod to add more strength. I've got lots of extra though, so mightgive it a go first and see what happens. What application caused the bent rods for you? Grass kart?

I'm keen to hear more about the first one... Need two so we can have races at 10-5's house.

Just took photos but i cant upload from my phone. Its got a tf125 suzuki on it. 2 smoke. Needs a new clutch cable. Make an offer if you are interested. Looking around $600..

Will upload pics tonight when i get home.

• 2 weeks later...