GreenTC's 1978 Triumph 2500TC.

GreenTC

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, that paint job looks fantastic! Ive had three triumphs in the past (2000, 2500s and a 2000 estate), very understated cars and such nice cruisers, especially with the OD boxes

Cheers man, I love the look of the estates. Quite a rare sight nowadays too!

I used to live down the road from the guy that had that haha. For future reference an old dude in tauranga stocks most parts from rimmers so it only takes a day rather then whatever it takes from rimmers and he charges the same.. Got all the bit for the estate through him..

• Like 1

I used to live down the road from the guy that had that haha. For future reference an old dude in tauranga stocks most parts from rimmers so it only takes a day rather then whatever it takes from rimmers and he charges the same.. Got all the bit for the estate through him..

That's interesting, were you local to Matata?

Looking sharp!

You got a good score with that crack free dash and interior parts

Currently in the process of fitting the whole lot. I really love how straight forward things used to be, I even understand most of the wiring which is a first for me haha. I'll update the project thread once I've got some photos where it's actually recognisable.

I may have a need for the instrument cluster.

Also, I have a complete light interior in my car that I will be removing. Very tidy condition.

All I really need is a drivers seat if I'm honest.  The rest is pretty good.

And the cluster is all yours if you want (I'm keeping the old gauges as spares). 

nice car man, my work mate has one the exact same colour lowered on 15's, cool little cars, wood grain is neat looks good

Ahhh that was the one at the car show? It is wicked looking!!! So cool.

Mr Greentc. I love this colour- probably my favourite trump colour. Very nice with that fresh paint job. You are lucky to find a console without a crack around the choke. The last 4 trumps Ive owned all had cracks there.

Does anyone know anything about rear brakes on these?

I've swapped my leaking wheel cylinder over for one from Zebra but now the shoes are spread so bloody far apart I can't et the drum back on!

Any advice apart from pull it apart and try again?

Adjust the rear shoes or try compress the shoes in, if you really can't get it crack the nipple and compress the shoes then re bleed the brakes.

Nice work by the way, she's a swish looking motor. I too have not seen a trump without a

Crack around the choke, or in my case around the fuel enrichment knob. Shod go for a trump cruise sometime when I figure out how to make my clutch work