Be4vers scrap fiddys

be4ver

So, scrap bikes you say? Yes! Over the last few months I've acquired these two old 50cc bikes thankfully before they made it to the scrappys. I have hopes and dreams of making them as cool as some of the ones I see on here and around the place lately.

The first bike I scored was this beauty. A Suzuki M30 in very decent condition for its age.

I was making my way back to work one day after lunch when I saw it sitting in some guys trailer amongst a bunch of scrap metal. I decided to follow it and sure enough it stopped outside the scrap metal dealers. Before he could get out of his vehicle, I ran up and asked if he was about to scrap it. Sure enough he was so I offered to buy it there and then. $100 was his price which I was more than happy to pay. (Even though he was about to get like $10 for it as scrap)

Anyway here it is

zVfhanB.jpg

BhbtVtM.jpg

0zGZlsZ.jpg

2nd comes the Yamaha MR50. Out on a farm one day I spot an old fa50 in a shed so when I asked the owner if he wanted to get rid of it he said, nah but you can have this old Yamaha I want to get rid of.

Shit yeah! Ok I'll take this off your hands!

It's obviously had a hard life on possibly multiple farms and it's sporting some pretty awesome "on farm repairs"

This I'd like to make into something like a cafe racer / scrambler.

So one afternoon me and a couple mates hacked it up a bit for a laugh.

Before and after.

xAPj6Hn.jpg

vMeWTxM.jpg

I may need some guidance.......

• Like 3

Yeah! He had sold it on trademe for $100 a couple months earlier and never had contact with the buyer so he got sick of it and was gna scrap it! Once I had it at work It started straight up and I rode it to and from the smoko shop for at least a week without even touching it

• Like 2