Threeonthetree's MGB Roadster which is about to break in half

Threeonthetree

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beams 3s is reasonably tall standing up straight. Might be too tall for bonnet line.

My vote is chuck a rotor in it

Will take some rough measurements of the Beams 3S and see if it's going to be a lost cause. I will install a rotor, on each front hub for braking purposes but no wankel engine.

I might even look at the 4AGE route but they are getting pretty old and expensive for what they are. Any other relatively compact rear wheel drive four cylinder options out there?

Starfires and Pintos have already been discussed, as has the 2ZZ.

• Like 2

S2000 is way too hard for me to get hold of and supply, Same deal with rotary.

Sr20 Sylvia?

Honestly I love MGB's and I they are ok as a standard car, they arn't amazing but they are fun, as soon as you modify one thing everything else needs modifiying too.

I suspect the Wire wheels wont stand up to too much abuse, and lets face facts if it is modified, will you use that in a car which will grind off your head when you flip it over? (maybe its just me that thinks like that, but Convertables kinda freak me out!)

Since it's fully intact mecanicly why not just give the B esries a bit of help with some extractors and a cam and leave it at that?

Its not like there's not enough to take care of with the body, which has the structural integrety of a potato chip at the moment.

Damn Have I become sensible here?

• Like 6

fiat twin cam - just like a morris minor conversion only with a better looking shell!

- choose your capacity, boost and engine control from a factory range that covers

years 1966 to 1995+

capacity: 1438 to 1995cc+

induction: NA single throat through twin carbs to volumex, turbo or even triflux

ignition: breaker points to full electronic control and COP

fuel: mechanical fuel pump through to multipoint fuel injection

go!

can even help you out with a crazy cat lady twink starter pack

• Like 4

Beams 3s is reasonably tall standing up straight. Might be too tall for bonnet line.

This, it's frigging tall. My sump bangs on the ground even with 4wd spec ride height :(

Mine's out of the car at the moment though if you want to have a geez.

+1 to Rookie's suggestion of MX5 motor and box.

But make sure the chassis isnt going to dissolve around it first haha.

Thanks for the input everybody.

For now and the foreseeable future the plan is to repair the shell and get it running properly with the standard running gear.

I'll see how the B series goes but the main point of the conversion is to appease the part of me that wants a quick and agile old car. Having driven large boats powered by boat anchors all my life a small car that I can throw around on track days sounds very appealing. But all of that will only happen once the body is stronger than a pringle, which it is currently.

• Like 1