Jeezy's 1976 Volvo 245

Jeezy

Far out, I have tried to buy this car multiple times over the years and always been a day or two late each time.

So stoked you have gotten it though, each time I was planning to buy it just to rob the dash, bonnet and front end to swap to my cars I have had at each time. 

Depending on what is wrong with the gauges there is a guy that sells reprinted circuit boards for them for not toooo much money

Far out, I have tried to buy this car multiple times over the years and always been a day or two late each time.

So stoked you have gotten it though, each time I was planning to buy it just to rob the dash, bonnet and front end to swap to my cars I have had at each time. 

Depending on what is wrong with the gauges there is a guy that sells reprinted circuit boards for them for not toooo much money

Yeah, I bought the circuit board from said guy off ebay, and the repro symbol strip. Not sure if that's whats wrong with it, but the original is bound to fail sooner or later.

Let me know if you need some bits, I might be able to help, I have a early 245 wagon and have horded a lot of parts. 

Cheers and likewise, I have a few myself

There's a few of us Volvo nutters on here now lol.

Anyone have a spare set of front struts or rear spring cups? Or internal panels for the back of a wagon? Lol

Mine is a b21 carb with 5 speed. Need to sort the rust out

Keen to see more pics of this once you get it up there

The timing just wasn't right for me to build a sleeper out of this, I was actually carjamming it to get its engine code to look at performance options when I noticed the picture was of the actual car, zoomed in for a better look and found the phone number...

So stoked that it's going to its rightful owner, I'll be following this thread.

What do you think about sending the drivers window glass down and I'll put that in before transportation?

This one:http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=916957891

Yeah an older gent had a friend list it on autotrader iirc. By the time I rung him it was gone and later reappeared on TM for 10x that. 

Got a spare radiator?

Cant help sorry. Have heard that 700/early 900 series are the same but cant confirm/citation needed

The timing just wasn't right for me to build a sleeper out of this, I was actually carjamming it to get its engine code to look at performance options when I noticed the picture was of the actual car, zoomed in for a better look and found the phone number...

So stoked that it's going to its rightful owner, I'll be following this thread.

What do you think about sending the drivers window glass down and I'll put that in before transportation?

That would be ideal but I don't trust the couriers to not break it. And its in Fielding. Ended up paying $115 for it from Specialized auto parts in Ashurst. Probably got ripped but just happy to find one. 

• 4 weeks later...