'80S KID Part II: Ed's AW11 SC chit-chat

0R10N

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing your latest update jogged my memory back to my apprentice days, when someone told me to make these faster you remove a secret bolt behind a panel on the super charger.

Fact or fiction?

Hmm, the only thing I can think of which is loosely related involves putting a bolt in a certain vacuum line from the supercharger to block it off, and swapping another couple of vacuum lines around to make it produce slightly more boost than stock.

Google "ABV mod".

• 2 weeks later...

Hay tryed to send you a pm but wouldnt let me.

Your spare front bumper iron would you be interested in selling it as called toyota today and got told theres no more in nz and is now discontinued.

Cheers matt

Try Paeroa Auto Spares.

07 8627529

Yeah sorry, I bought the last ones in the country.

Not interested in selling, but try the wreckers myk00l recommended, or drop Ewan @ Stacked an email as they may be able to order direct from Toyota in Japan (who I'm pretty sure still have stock).

• Like 1

Yeah sorry, I bought the last ones in the country.

Not interested in selling, but try the wreckers myk00l recommended, or drop Ewan @ Stacked an email as they may be able to order direct from Toyota in Japan (who I'm pretty sure still have stock).

They're obsolete now, so unless a dealer over there has one loest8 is out of luck as far as new goes.

The one at Zebra is fucked, has been smashed in at the front corner.

Pity they're NLA, it's only going to become more of a problem as it's the one thing on all AW11s which rots out without fail, due to being a huge water trap.

Oh my god, that loose fiberglass insulation gives me nightmares of The Itch! That is something I really don't miss about working on an AW11...

To reach the dizzy cap you have to fold your upper body around the drivers' side C-pillar and lean right over the engine. (If this were a front-engined AE82 FX-GT or even an AE86, access would be trivial.)

22691699102_4f948c6255_c.jpg

There's just barely enough room to get a small ratchet in between the firewall and dizzy cap to tighten up the bolts. Someone with larger hands is gonna have a bad time. You also have to be careful not to snap off the plug on the very right, or it's game over.

22716433411_6e5443ac17_c.jpg