'80S KID Part II: Ed's AW11 SC chit-chat

0R10N

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ed. Yes it looks to be in great condition. Nice find! I'll be tuned in to follow your progress. How many kms on it? Here's an updated pic of your last one by the way .... it's coming along ok. Sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread!

11ly1540.1g0.jpeg

• Like 3

Very nice, are Stacked an import company? 

Also I recommend fitting some reflective stuff on to your wheels or something to make yourself a bit more noticeable, not for decoration but I know of someone who almost got t-boned in an AW11 because his one (midnight blue also) was hard to see by the other guy.

Also I recommend fitting some reflective stuff on to your wheels or something to make yourself a bit more noticeable, not for decoration but I know of someone who almost got t-boned in an AW11 because his one (midnight blue also) was hard to see by the other guy.

Thats probably more of an issue with the other guy than colour of car.

Thats probably more of an issue with the other guy than colour of car.

problem is bruv there's many of these other guys... seeing a car at night that is no taller than 1.3m... dark... and fairly old lights... 

easier to crash into than your run of the mill SUV.

Nick, AW11s are the sort of car that keep sucking you back in for more.

Can't say I've considered that before, now that you've mentioned it.

Then again all cars are practically invisible in the dark, hence the need for lights :) Actually, a friend suggested remaking the stripey "MR2" decals down the sides in a reflective metallic colour, which could actually work twofold. How about white wheels? I have a set of white Linea Sport turbofans kicking around.

Incidentally, those stripes are a rare factory option, have only ever seen two of them on the interwebs before and none in the flesh until I got mine. Definitely makes it stand out from the rest, and they essentially turn the car two-tone anyway, haha.

Yup Stacked are an export business, they procure car parts and half cuts out of Japan mainly.

Yeah it's chopstick spec as all hell, but having one makes a big difference on a mid-rear car!

I'm hoping to pick up a 14mm O/D stock supercharged one, or replace both front and rear with aftermarket options (you can get up to 30mm which may be overkill).

OSGC freight service for the win, cheers to Manu for hauling all the bits up for me.