Kp60 starlet no spark

piazzanoob

Hey guys a couple of days ago I tried to start my 4k and as I was cranking it over I realised that I had removed the distrubtor rotor so I put that back in and still no go.

And it was going sweet prior to this

So as it is it has no spark

Still has a points ignition

Have tested the coil and found it had shorted itself

Placed another coil in and wired one to the positive feed and earthed the other to the engine

And I'm still not getting any spark

Have checked all the fuses

As it is water is leaking onto the relays

Still need to test them

Does anyone had any simlair issues

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Uh the negative of the coil needs to goto your points.

This is correct, but if modifying the wiring back to have the coil -ve post hooked up to the dizzy doesn't solve your problem then check your method of testing the coil before spending any more money. They have a lot of resistance in them by design

I wouldn't be keen on changing to an electronic distributor while you still have an unknown fault

Also: Are you saying it has no spark as the engine won't run, or have you had the plugs out (and earthed) when you are cranking the motor?

If your coil -ve is wired to earth then what you are seeing at the spark plug makes sense. Good luck

I'm not sure what would have caused the coil to die despite you cranking the motor over with no rotor. The points should have been opening and closing regardless. A coil will die if you leave the ignition on for an extended period of time with the points closed, so if there's anything else that happened prior to you trying to start the engine with no rotor let us know so we can help your diagnostics. It seems odd.