NickJ's 1989 Lada 2105

NickJ

Quick question for Ladaspeed. Did you have to cut a notch for the 2nd swaybar?

I've got one tucked away to add, and rear bars seem cheap enough ex russia, just looking for a few clues from those who done stuff before. Thanks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah for sure, will look at Ladapower as they have said they will ship plus I tested their 'economy' surface mail and it was mint. Last time I looked it was about 40usd per panel and 130usd freight

Hopefully I can free up the funds soonish cos I hate driving a dented up car!

plus the end fitment of the panel based on scaling up a scaled down toy version of your actual car, may be as good or better than cheap repro parts for your cheap* repro** car that have come via international postage?

*for bourgeois westerners

**of a 124 sedan

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Had one same year same colour recently, 22 thousand original miles and amazing. Loved it apart from the shocking steering.

Just a FYI on the fuel pumps, I've fitted Lada type fuel pumps to Peugeot 504's which are two litre and never had an issue with starvation even during mad dorts.

Check out the leaks but then check the hose at the tank end and the pickup in the tank, I've had to rod them before to get the crud out. Pause.

Its been so long I can't recall if I got to the bottom of the fuel issues, won't take long to once its driving to check though!

From memory I didn't replace the valves in the fuel pump when rebuilding it which serves me right, but i'll have a nosey in the tank & lines just to cross it off the list. As the Niva runs a standard Fiat pump and the twins have never shown signs of leaning out (opposite to the writings of the internet), I wouldn't be surprised if there was a seperate issue.

Stack of bits coming from Russia, hopefully wof status once they are here

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...