Jesses 4wd lancer wagon of excitement!

DoBro Jesus

Nabbed the compression tester and timing light from work for the weekend just to see how all 5 of my mitsubishis are haha, had a smidge of energy when i got home so timed up the old hag which made it run a fair chunk nicer, was far too advanced before so pinking like a mother fucker under heavy load.

Did a compression test too dreading what the results would be, Buuuuuuuut had a healthy 160-170psi on all four!! i thought that was pretty damn good considering 

A. It's a mitsubishi

B. It's a mitsubishi that's done 330000ks if not a bit more!

Couple of pics too 

oegjt4ik.mvi.jpg

sf3og1vm.3ms.jpg

Oh, and this is the derby car, pretty sad really, the thing runs bloody mint, just can't justify spending the money on fixing the severe amount of rust :/
2gozce0d.nkn.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Whoah been over a year since I last updated this! With moving down south next month thought i better get this back up and legal, got a set of hankook muds from pickapart a couple months back for this so got them fitted up today, gonna tidy it up and take down for a wof sometime this week!

zg41f1ye.cls.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

TIL that 2nd gen mirages were actually the national car of malaysia for some time, built as the proton saga (some in nz too) and the derivative iswara, and hence you can still get heaps of random crap to jam on em, in exchange for those sweet, sweet ringgits yo

miragebonnet.jpg

• Like 1

Oh yeah forgot to mention this thing flew through its wof only needing a bulb, had to revert back to some 185/80r14 on the front as the 215/75r15s are too wide and rub on the inner guard bugger. Gonna try hunt down another set of 27s as they sat perfectly on it. Got a wheel alignment done on it so now it won't chew tyres up haha. Leaking oil like a sieve lately though so will get onto that when I can be fucked. Still running and driving great though, forget how much I like this car until I drive it haha.

4 minutes ago, Willdat? said:

We really need to get a not really suitable for offroad use wagon mission sorted. I think the Beagle and this would be good friends! Not sure who else would join us...

Would be so keen! Really wanna test out these new tyres, just don't wanna go out without anyone else in case I need a tow haha.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jesselc said:

Would be so keen! Really wanna test out these new tyres, just don't wanna go out without anyone else in case I need a tow haha.

Company is key with these things - I've had a few opportunities recently where I've had to bail for lack of a support vehicle/cell coverage. @Vintage Grumble's Carib would have been an ideal group member.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, DoBro Jesus said:

Just throw em on, mine were sweet with full factory everything. Also I haven’t owned this car for over a year, my workmate has it now, will be up for sells soon!

Choice man, will post tractor-spec pic when done. Would totally have that one too if it was in N.I!

• Like 3