maxpower 1981 mitsi express wagon

MaxPower

just brought this out of rotorua for $400,wof,reg on hold.

2 owners before me,motor blown up.

plan was to just fix the old motor and touch up the paint but you know how these things go,its all in pieces now.

hope to give it a quick respray and get a motor in,not sure what yet,am open to ideas..

post-18255-0-79725000-1437385761_thumb.png

easy part done now,like doing this bit,its the finishing part that i struggle with,have got the paint from another project that i mixed up years ago that just happens to be a close match,haven't sprayed much 2 pack before so well see how she turns out,can always satin black it if i fuck it up.

am after some 14" sigma wagon steelies if anyone is hoarding any.

these rims are 13"s

post-18255-0-82299600-1437387808_thumb.png

could put this in,been slowly building it up over the past year,

vr4 block 

oilling mods,balance shafts removed,new pistons,bearings etc,evo 3 head,arp head studs,new valves,

have made a top mount twin scroll turbo manifold to suit the evo 4 turbo,but can't afford 2 external wastegates right now.

looks like theres room for a windsor though

have a sohc 2L prob just put that in there for now and get it driving asap.

post-18255-0-25409900-1437388531_thumb.png

• Like 1

think these were delivery vehicles? has a different back seat compared to my old sigma wagons,folds down easier,has a high stop light in the back id like to bin,has a 4 speed box that will go in the same bin,use a normal 5 speed.looks like it has a ten bolt rear diff too so thats a bonus as i didn't think they came out this early.

will look around for an earlier front end (round headlights like my other one.) no rush though.

post-18255-0-37038900-1437389288_thumb.png

• Like 2

been busy cleaning out all the crap in the engine bay to give it some paint,what a mess,takes such a long time to get all the grime and oil off.not fun and my gas bottle has run out.

anyone want a 4 speed manual box?

swap for a box of waikatos,looks super clean.

also motor will be going to scrappy unless someone wants to swap for beer? its a 1600 with issues.

post-18255-0-13179200-1437633140_thumb.png

post-18255-0-08111000-1437633158_thumb.png

• 4 months later...