Legendlives VTR1000

legendlives

I think the big Hondas are lightweight enough. I had a Fireblade before this and the weight was never an issue.

Anyway, yesterday I wasted a whole day of my life polishing the exhaust system. Doesn't look fantastic until you compare it with the original 'as bought' picture.

DSC02257_zpsfqlii0fj.jpg

Still haven't fitted the HEL lines (From GSS Performance in Penrose. Plug plug....) but that's this week's job.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HEL gold brake hoses. I did look at the yellow ones but the colour clash was horrible....

I've also had the calipers off and given them a dan good clean:Clutch line;

IMG_20150806_173357_zpswbcv9hfd.jpg

Rear brakes:

IMG_20150806_173340_zpsjclmhtjr.jpg

Front brakes:

IMG_20150806_173328_zps8862xzsf.jpg

IMG_20150806_173309_zps9b6hcjpw.jpg

With the front brakes I went with twin hoses rather than the original linked hose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As mentioned, when I bought my VTR it had a hideous carbon hugger which was so much the wrong shape that it had been worn through by the tyre. The design was terrible also, directing all of the road shit and grime straight onto the chain.
The obvious thing to do was therefore make my own out of aluminium. :rolleyes:
Just after starting to beat out the mudguard section it occurred to me that it would be virtually impossible to do it nicely without an English wheel. I didn't have an English wheel so I delayed the project while I knocked up this:
IMG_20150830_170755_zpshqj50uob.jpg
Made from tube left over from a previous car project, two old clutch release bearings pressed into a bit of stainless tube, and an old iron caster wheel.
It works well enough:
IMG_20150830_173414_zpssgwqyv5l.jpg
The chainguard was the first thing I made. This needs a bit of fettling as it was copied from the dimensions of the hugger which bears no relation to the run of the chain!
IMG_20150830_170827_zpsgsfsyffr.jpg
You can see the 'mod' line in marker pen.
These are the two sides which will join everything together. They also need some shaping:
IMG_20150830_170848_zpsvmt6iwj9.jpg
Hopefully will have it largely finished this week. Will keep you posted!