azzurros 1966 FIAT Duemilatrecento Familiare Discussione

azzurro

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we will be driving the van down,  possibly doing a north island victory tour and then a south island welcome home tour depending on how the timing works between packing up here and house finding down there.

But definitely keen on a garage fridge/wanker beer/cup of tea tour of the South Island if we have the time.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ha. Fresh pic post* WoF at the Repco round the corner from my mechanic.

Was absolutely pishing down, dudes in his ute sharning and reminiscing, and talking up the facebook, while im smiling and nodding in the rain, tapping the starter trying to get the fan belt to a spot where i could see the numbers to get a slightly shorter one.

His FIAT twin camtip of the day - get a loose block and put a tight head on it.

Also, do a skid

Rokay :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, azzurro said:

Ha. Fresh pic post WoF.

Was absolutely pishing down, dudes in his ute sharning and reminiscing, and talking up the facebook, while im smiling and nodding in the rain, tapping the starter trying to get the fan belt to a spot where i could see the numbers to get a slightly shorter one.

His FIAT twin camtip of the day - get a loose block and put a tight head on it.

Also, do a skid

Rokay :)

Haha, he's getting pissy on FB with anyone making the Lada connection, true Fiat fanboy eh?

• Like 1

That last photo - both cars at sunset looking out to sea. Wow. Really nice. Cool pic. 

Do pop in on way down. There's an empty cabin here. Have a break and enjoy a kit kat. We are only probably 25min diversion from the west bank road heading south from motueka which is a sweet road to travel south on. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, NickJ said:

Had one very similar with a cab on the farm, was surprisingly nimble, only negative was the stupid layout of levers making access with boots tricky, 

Much like some Fiat cars then. I drove on 850 Sport once and even with my not over large feet it was tight down there.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just happened to come across this just before too:

https://petrolicious.com/articles/this-1973-fiat-238-officially-served-belgiums-biggest-ferrari-dealer

I warn you that it includes shocking statements like

Normally, an old Fiat panel van wouldn’t brighten the eyes of a supercar enthusiast. Oh, sure, they may be quirky and cute, but they’re not exactly an appealing addition to most collections

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 1 year later...
On 25/08/2021 at 13:19, azzurro said:

Need a parts car to go with my other miniwags. Looks like it might be a different brand tho, so new parts car too good = new project!

20210825_095133.thumb.jpg.725ff4b2aa58af88b829da7fa5090adb.jpg

Mini fleet

20210825_095301.thumb.jpg.04422ef603fb786b3ea10ceeaf1dd2f6.jpg

Saw one of those bigger wagon models at a second hand shop in Bulls this week. Bloke wanted $45 for it though and was offended when I offered $20.

Good street view pic of the place.

image.png.9d23482c66aa2ac96de0f9ccb4898494.png

• Like 1