azzurros 1966 FIAT Duemilatrecento Familiare Discussione

azzurro

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, yes, lots of parts binning in these era of fiats, lucky becasue i have bought a lot of bits very much cheaper that suit these smaller models as well as the 2300 ('baby ferrarri' label on the 2300S Coupe attracts a tax on parts, that doesnt apply to 126 or FSO 125p's  :) )

They were fans of not fixing things that were not broke either, see the starter pic in my last post, almost bolt in between a design first used in the mid 50's rwd push rod (fiat 1300) to the late 90's front wheel drive twin cam with electronic ignition and fuel injection (lancia delta GTI)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fingers crossed for Nat-sing!

Pretty sure all it needs for WoF is to  get the windowwashers going, but the foot operated water pump thing is bung (still makes the wipers wipe 3x tho :) ).

I have a Uno colostomy bag with an electric pump built in and a momentarty switch ill put on/in the same place

Other things are

- I don't have any door lock keys

- radiator is a bit leaky

- I have driven in total about 3km, this is also the total distance it has been driven in the last 25 years

- its a 50 yo Italian car, with (for the time) fancy electrical doo dads, that im not 100% sure on  !

- I have personally undid and done up almost every bolt (this is the worst worry TBH)

what could go wrong

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kicker said:

Keen to see it at Nats if possible

me three!

will sort washers this week, for WoF on weekend, and shakedown run to BFmeat, then AKL convoy to Nats (safety a, parts and tools in numbers)

thats the plan anyway.

Already have AA plus - such a bargain! (i may have already used up the free tows TBH!)

• Like 1