azzurros 1966 FIAT Duemilatrecento Familiare Discussione

azzurro

Marcus @ Hamilton windscreens can make you a new screen.

I forget the price, but it was somewhere around 1200 for them to make a mould from your existing screen and make you a new one, then they keep the mould but future screens are around 250-280.

Might be worth doing if you can find some others who want a screen to spread the initial cost

• Like 1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was chatting about custom screens with AALAWS too.

Price is a bit higher than i want to pay, but reasonable for the work i guess, maybe i will get lucky and be the second guy who wants one! Who knows maybe Smith and Smith or whatever might have one in the back of the warehouse?

Hopefully wont need to go custom but I probably will, as they are flipping easy to crack trying to get them out because of the huge curve on the edges and they are just laminated, but not safety glass. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers all, I have sent emails to almost all the nz windscreen places on google, hopefully one will come up trumps!

Other than a few pretty minor things, only the screen and concerns with engine blow by (which im hoping is gummy rings that will free up with more use) is stopping me from driving it a bit more, to find what else is wrong (new radiator?) before go see the wof man.

ATT: Upper South Islanders and Upper South Island visitors!

If anyone happens to be in Takaka, can they grab me the 2300 Manual that is in one of the op shops? xoxox

I went to Takaka today and happened to call into the Opshop...

However I couldn't find the manual :(

The lady said she remembered it and thought someone had bought it a week or so ago.

She thinks she remembers who bought it and said she would ask if he came in again, so I left my details just in case.

I am disappointed, I was hoping to make a good day for you....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mate. Finally catching up on threads & stuff on here. That visor is looking super awesome man, & the whole wagon is coming together wonderfully. Wish I could say the same for mine lol.

I got the windscreen on my 74 Camaro replaced thru Protecta, & the local crowd here in Puke rang to organise it & had one in stock within a day. Let me know if you want their contact number & I'll dig it out for ya, or I may even call in there this morning if I remember.

Be cool if you could ask for sure!

I have found a place in Aussie with one in stock (ex UK). Also a dude locally who can get them in (from same place in UK that has a mould). Screens themselves are $4-700 which is fine, but getting them here is big $$).

Ive tried the big NZ screen distributors but they don't respond to emails, and there were only ever 100ish cars in NZ that needed one, most would be gone to the big rust pile in the sky, so it will be dust collecting in the back of the rearmost corner of the oldest warehouse if they are anywhere.

Unfortunately I cant claim the screen on insurance for them to sort it out as its unwarranted/registered (on hold) and ive not insured it yet :(

I called into glassways here in Puke and the lady tried her best to track something down. She got a number of a guy in Hamilton that may be of help but I haven't heard back from her yet. Her suggestion was to contact fellow Fiat enthusiasts in a club that may have contacts but I'm sure you would have already done this. I'll let you know if she gets back to me.

That's funny, I used to work for a tool wholesaler and we had a huge range of flex hones in stock at all times. Most retailers wouldn't have had them in stock but could probably have got one for Saturday morning. Maybe they stopped bringing them in.

Good to see the engine going back together!!

Excite!!

How about that visor huh? Flash guy

Saturday Morning! Fffff.

I had my honing all done by then and would have had to go back into big town to get it and that would have cut into my 'not being in town' time.

Visor is pretty flash alright, shame its still yours (hope you like the paint job i did on your visor :tongue: )

• Like 1