Zac's 1998 RX7

ProZac

Awesome stuff Zac and I am truly glad you have found your real vocation in life.

But I do think you need to step back just a bit and take a look at the elephant in the room. Your turbo FD thingee is going in the wrong direction. If you are to properly modify your car in the real kiwi way you know you have to remove the hairdryers, give the plates some mean as drill ports, fit a Nikki with mechanical secondries and a set of gillies. 

Then take it to work and show them white coat wearing boffins how a proper car goes hard.

For what it is.

• Like 7

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can reseal the sump with the motor still in the car. You'll need a hoist though, can drop the subframe to do it. Lots of people leave out the gasket and just use rtv. Were there heaps of cracks in the exhaust housings?

Thus the reason for little work on the 7 in the last couple of months... The very last ever Lotus T125 ships to its new owner next week... Busy busy!

Nothing outrageous on the motor front as far as work is concerned, power is much more efficient to just buy :wink:.

The cars are apparently really good, but no ones liked Lotus' marketing strategy. You had to buy the whole 'Exos Club' experience, involved a trainer, nutritionist, race series, etc... Plus you didn't get the car, Lotus prepared it and took it to the track for you.

We'll offer support for them (both existing ones out in the world, and the ones we sell moving forward), but the owner actually get to keep the car they've bought and use it as they like.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

20161115_101814_zpsgksyhm8r.JPG.364a271601dca3cd51667821446c8d00.JPG

Well, that's not what you want. Lots of dings and scratches, but no real damage as far as I can tell. Punched the wall pretty hard, but  hurt the wall and not the car. Luckily I updated the insurance on this thing just a couple of weeks prior to the EQ. Classic cover are purportedly really good, and their policy says the car is insured anywhere in NZ, so shouldn't be a problem to get it tidied up again.

Then, I'm going to have to sell it. There is a mini-me on the way in a couple of months, so all the moneys is needed as we move down to one income for a while. Dang grown up issues!

• Like 6