ProZac

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Unfortunately, not really. It's not super secret or anything, but as it's a competition, we never really released any details about it till it was unveiled at the end of October... so no build-thread type stuff :-(.

Lots of pics here though:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vax4j5nm8q74eow/AAALvwcgwovN6j5PZzl88YH_a?dl=0

Credit to Toby White for the photos. He's a talented man :-).

There was some video coverage of the event, available on YT now:

Saturday Morning: 

Saturday Afternoon: 

Sunday Morning: 

Sunday Afternoon: 

• Like 2

Really wished we could have done a build thread while I was involved, so much learning being done and to have access to any tool you can imagine removed all restrictions on creativity, most of the solutions that came out of that workshop are simply genius!

Enjoyed watching the live stream on the day, you guys killed it! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At work :-).

That's not even the track, that's the testing ring. Down the hill, there is 2.3km of paved private glory.

I'm not going to lie, I've managed to score about the best job, in the world, ever. Yesterday I fixed a Ferrari 458 Challenge racecar (minor electrical fault). Today I spent the day fitting aftermarket race suspension to a Lotus 340R. It's the bizzaro world, and I'm going to ride it out for all I can.

*waits for people who read Stuff and/or UC Engineering FB page to put 2 and 2 together*

I won't give it away but you have quite possibly nabbed the best graduate position in the history of the world!

I still remember Prof. Pearse (taught Acoustics in the Mech dept, unsure if he's still there) telling me FSAE was a waste of time because most participants take 5 years to get their degrees without any major additional benefits from having done it, and that UC did not support a team starting up. That was my first year in 2008, so I really hope he's humbly eaten his words after seeing UCM's success.

PS, if you guys ever need a Project Engineer, let me know  :-)

• Like 2