megasquirt questions

BlownCorona

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep removing the coil wire from the db37 has done it! i have spark now, and the engine even tried to fire. 

im not expecting it to actually run just yet, as the engine is timed on hopes and dreams, and ill be picking up my timing light this weekend. but ill probably have a decent play with it tomorrow afternoon if its not miserable like it is now. 

also, the coil doesn't seem to get warm now, i assume it was something to do with it constantly being earthed before. 

im a happy man, and one of the first places i go when its running will have to be over to your shop to drop off a box of beer or something, cant thank you enough downtrail! 

now to go bug the avionics guys tomorrow into finding me a little connector  :badgrin:

• Like 1

Good man yeah I believe thst most of thoose pins in that line are at earth potential On the 2.2 board. youll find the v3 boards are like that picture.

You can see how the megasquirt has been given a bad name tho. little things like that make some people throw in the towel then procede to poo poo them from there on out.

• Like 1

oh yeah i agree with its false rap. you'd have the same problems if the Link came in kitset form too. 

ive found the 2.2 to be less well documented compared to the new versions, but really what do you expect, its older tech these days. but still gonna do exactly what i need!

yeah the 2.2 is technically obsolete but it still had a high enough demand that they continue to make em. Your right they are old technology but they work fine in a lot of situations where all you need to do is run the motor.

When it comes time to get all fancy doing different bosst levels is different gears that's where the larger name ecus are handy

i would like to have a go with that high level of control one day, but on my still carburated N/A engine, im already only using about 40% of the 2.2s capability haha. 

i am keen on little features like knock sensing and limiters/launch control but ill get the engine running first

Must add that I'm looking forward to building and fitting another MS ecu. To me it's just that next fun level of learning and satisfaction of really 'building' your own car. If there are little bugs or hiccups there is always great help and advice on here to see one through.

got my timing light on it and had it started up and running smoothly in a matter of minutes! 

aside from my oil pressure gauge popping its wire off and giving me a heart attack, first test drive went very well, even on the base map its gotten way smoother and a little more power. 

now to fit the extra bulkhead plug i got for the coil wire and tidy/fasten the loom in place and tinker with the spark map for a while! 

will update my build thread with pictures/videos pretty soon. also next week ill be able to take it for some timed 1/4 mile runs which should be great to see the results. 

• Like 1

I can never get MSdroid to work properly with my phone (samsung note 2). Works for a short while then siganl goes. Plus every time I open the app the gauges are all funny/different sizes/in wrong place/missing. Ive uninstalled/re-installed several times and written to fella on MS forum but no luck.

I wish the fella who developed TS would make it so his dashboard thingee also allows tuning.

haven't had a chance to try the android app. but i have driven the car around a little and the engine is super crisp now, sounds phenomenal.

its sitting on bricks now as the wheels are having new non fucked tires put on, then i can really take it for a thrash. and start to figure out how i should be adjusting the ignition map, though its not bad as is tbh