megasquirt questions

BlownCorona

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go a 1mm gap that extra long tooth in between the missing teeth may just be how it was cranking at the time. Engine slowed on that tooth because it was too advanced perhaps. Alot of lights wont work at cranking speed I know mine wont. Some times you can put more dwell into when its cranking to get the light to work. Like 7ms but put it back when you get it running. Your offset it based on crank timing so itll be double what you measure for cam.

unrelated to the igniter situation, ive just realized i made a stupid mistake with regards to the hall sensor. 

i made up the 12v pull up resister lead to go to the signal line, and have hooked that straight to the power of the sensor. so that's probably not helping at all! 

i don't see any way id have damaged anything though would you agree?

i promise im not actually dim.....

finally hobbled out to the garage for 5 mins to try a diagnostic a guy at work suggested, while was to line up the spark plugs in firing order and earthed and watch the spark cycle to make sure its right. 

it appears my spark 'b' is not operational, im not sure if it was just the cranking speed doing it but spark 'a' potentially was only doing 3 out of every 4 cycles but im not 100% certain on that