Matt's '81 KP60 Starlet - Discussion

_Matt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ajg193 said:

The problem with the A pillar rust is it starts between the gutter and the pillar. You really need to remove the gutter to get at it properly or it will always keep growing

Yeah thought about removing them, looks easy enough, just need a new spot weld drill

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, piazzanoob said:

Im liking the progress and where this project is heading.

when you swap the lsd diff centre over could you do a bit of a story on that as interested to see how that goes

Cheers!

It’s most likely going to be done at a diff shop, but I’ll try and get as much info as I can

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
22 hours ago, CUL8R said:

Man that is some super tidy work indeed

Do you do that for a job as well?

Cheers man! Nope I am a fabricator, started new job last week building hotrods though! Did do a couple years part time during high school at a car painters though, so that helps a little, otherwise just it’s just practise and hoping for the best haha

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
On 27/02/2021 at 08:46, Jo_Rolla said:

Car is looking amazing. Got any details on the brake upgrade? I've been looking for one that will still fit 13s. How much did it push your offset out?

Peugeot 106 rotors, need drilling to match the hub pcd and some machining needs done to the hub. Hub is in the same place as factory, but needs at least a 12mm spacer so the wheel face clears the calliper. I have a spare set of the brackets that are needed if you’re interested 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 26/05/2021 at 23:16, enzee said:

Where have you sourced the windscreen seal filler strip from? Basis https://basisnz.co.nz/products/sku217-405?_pos=6&_sid=fe4b1df7d&_ss=r

Be interested to see how it works out as I've got a couple of screens to do

I finally got some samples from basis and this one https://basisnz.co.nz/products/sku217-007 works perfectly!

8 minutes ago, 187inc said:

Just binge-read through pretty much your whole build, very jealous of your skills! looks like its going to be awesome once its done. Keep it up!

Cheers man, pretty excited to get it back on the road!