Vidar's 1974 GT6

Vidar

Phworrrrrr

You get rid of the Gamma which was spectacularly rare, and you replace it with the "poor man's E Type"

Goddamn I'm impressed, I love these!

I have a PI engine on my garage floor as we speak its the full fat 132hp one too.

Come on the shed tour and check it out

Phworrrrrr

You get rid of the Gamma which was spectacularly rare, and you replace it with the "poor man's E Type"

Goddamn I'm impressed, I love these!

I have a PI engine on my garage floor as we speak its the full fat 132hp one too.

Come on the shed tour and check it out

The Gamma was cool...but we want something we can thrash like we stole it without panicing at every sound coming from the engine.  Say what you will about British engines they can take more abuse than Italian ones.

Do you have the Injection still on the engine?  We are thinking of putting back to mechanical injection....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Always liked the GT6, especially the later ones with the better (less bad?) rear suspension.  Suites the "slot" mags, too. :thumbleft:

The 2.5 should make it go like stink, and the saloon box fixes the GT6's big archilles heel - the "small" Triumph gearbox.  Don't know why Triumph thought the Herald box would handle the torque from the 112bhp six, when it was marginal in the 95bhp Marina TC. :shock:

Plenty of tuning parts around from the TRs, and even with bigger twin carbs and warm cam, the WoF man probably wouldn't know it hasn't got a stock 2-litre. :-P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...