crownwags 83 chevrolet C10 discussion

73crownwagon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It ran real good! Took for a blast from te city to woodhill forest and back for a mountain bike with retep. Straight away better then the Holley because it's not blacking the plugs on deceleration. Will still need to borrow a wideband and tune a little better.

Bracket just from segedins but I'm sure you can buy from aliexpress since they don't fit very snug and you always hve to modify

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh wow I really havnt looked on this in a long time!

Reason for change to edelbrock was the Holley needed a rebuild was over fuelling big time. And I've had a few of these edelbrock carbs before and I understand them quite well so just wanted to keep with the same.

Yes still have the c10, I've been working on my house a lot this summer so no work been done on my c10 just been driving it a lot. Can seat 3 easy maybe not for long trips but def enough room. Only issue is the steering wheel is quite close to you which can be a pest since there's no adjustment like with c30 Chevy trucks. Could do a steering swap if needed from a c30 perhaps if u had issues

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I've heard of it happening for reasons I can't recall but I'm sure a quick googs would have the answer.   I know my brother's old Holdang ute sat left corner nose down to much annoyance but that was legitimately due to a bit of a bingle in the front some time in its past.

I can't imagine it would be as simple as tyres. I'm hoping it something simple like bent lower A arm I have a had a measure around them can't see any noticeable damage. So my next thing to look at is mismatched spindles hoping one is slightly lower or something. I'll just do as Peter said and just keep measuring to find a problem. 

TBH I've found it a quite common problem

Not being funny, but the Yanks sometimes do a Drivers side spring, and passengers spring with slightly different lengths/tensions. 

I've re-bushed a entire 60's Impala, springs, balljoints and had the exact same problem, made it better than when it came in, but had to put spring packers to level it properly unless you want to pay to have the springs either stretched or compressed to match.

The easiest and most reliable way is to Fit a Urethane Spring Packer under whichever side spring to bring it back up. This will most likely be on some ratio as you're on Double a arms - ie 10mm packer might equate to 20mm at the tyre to guard.

• Like 2