crownwags 83 chevrolet C10

so ive just spent the last couple of days flying to wellington getting a ride from Steelies to the train station getting the train to masterton picking up the C10 and driving home to Auckland stopping by Sparkles pad catching up with him and blizzo and then on to Testaments place in taupo and then finally home this morning.

the trucks pretty sweet just needs a bit of TLC getting it back to a decent standard again since the last owner didnt really look after it all to well everything just a bit fucked like the brake boosters leaking the seat has a tear in it carpet needs replacing starter motor and flex plate are eaten out a bit so starts with alot of grinding.

but motor seems to run at a nice temp and shifts gears nice motor idles good so its a good start shouldnt take too much work to make it a minter

plans are fix all slightly fucked things also relplace the bonnet since someones done a shit rust job on it and it doesnt sit right so easier just replace it and paint it yellow rather then the white. and basically drive it around heaps

• Like 2

rolled under today to see why it doesnt like to start and have to manually turn over and try again. was hoping it was badly shimmed starter motor or something simple but unfortunately flex plates missing half the teeth. ill pull trans off next weekend n replace it

Went out to caffiene and classics this morning in the c10 was doing its shit starting again but eventually ran. Swung out for some food after with the crew and she wouldn't start no more so had to get it towed. Next weekend I'll change flex plate and starter motor

1A5A5BC1-B88E-440F-96EC-2B8B672ED93C-152

• Like 4

Wasn't overly stoked on how yellow the paint came out. So I've taken a cup of CATERPILLAR dozer paint from work so ill re spray it with that. Also dunked the sump, rocker covers and intake manifold in the alkaline tanks at work they should be sweet tomorrow morning ED0F459E-DD10-47CE-AA9F-B2057D32AFCC-371

• Like 6

Re sprayed motor catapillar yellow. Set up new flex plate and starter motor, re gasketed er thang, got motor into position but that last 20mm is just always a bastard! Any one have as tips to get that last bit locked in?

Will finish tomorrow when couple the guys come round and I have more hands

BBE5BEDA-F582-480A-A35A-4DBB7D886DD3-640

9AD78D97-A82E-4312-AE5B-B5E70F4F3E5A-640

• Like 6

Spent weekend again working on this lemon. Installed new alloy radiator which doesn't quite fit so will tig weld a few brackets on tomorrow at work.

Had a bit of a fck around with the new flex plate now that everything's bolted in. Testament tom and I have found that the flex plate has a 4mm wobble from one side to the other.... Unsure if I've damaged it putting motor in or if Ching wing shitty flex plate! I've had to shim starter motor over more so it misses the ring gear but I'm thinking I might have to drop the trans and replace te flexolate again!!!!!!!!!

BCC624D0-BB80-4632-B2CD-80DACDEA7647-303

2000920F-832B-4D9D-8FE1-3A82316B8603-303

• Like 4

Had POOMAN swing round today and help pull trans away from motor. We pulled the bent flex plate off anf swung down to segedins who were more then happy to replace the flex plate and also upgrade me to the more expensive one free of charge. Everything was hard work but came apart and went back together without to much swearing and cussing. Also mounted radiator properly. Went for a burn in it was super stoked with everything.

Also bought some straight through mufflers and made a few dump pipes which I'll tig weld up this week at work

28C3EB43-357F-471C-9A0E-FFD46B539FBA-42625F7BE66-263E-4E80-B082-E47FFD6D0063-426

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...