Car Storage Auckland / North Island - for 2 years :-(

Hi Guys,

I am moving to Denmark in August for two years to study (had enough of working!) haha.

I need to find somewhere to store my beloved 240z, Has to be fully enclosed storage for around 2 years. could potentially move it after one year though. What are my options? anyone had to do this sort of horrible thing before?

I have been looking on trademe and I could possibly buy a 20ft container, Then I just have to find somewhere to put a container?

Anyone used any good car storage places that dont cost the earth? Or anyone have a farm house that I could possibly pay you a rental fee?

Just looking for options.. Cheers! heres a pic because Im sad my car has to be locked up :-(

tumblr_nlm57o1Cfs1qhg8tao3_1280.jpg

There is a compliance centre on porana road on the shore. Right down the back where BOC is. Don't remember the name. They do storage also, huge inside warehouse. My boss and I used to store our cars there. Was $50 a week at the time but I'm sure you could cut a sweet deal for 2 years and they could stash it right down the back.

• Like 1

I would imagine if you wanted cheaper secure storage that it would be far more economical to bring it too a cheaper town where storage is cheaper. Something like wanganui etc that still has good secured alamed storage places

that place that Chris is talking about is Coventry LTD. His name is Paul, he's got heaps of awesome shit in there, old Datsun GTR's, American classic and muscles etc.

Give us a min and i'll walk outside and get you the number etc for him.

Coventry Motors LTD.

09-4431966.

21 Porana Road, Glenfield/ Wairau valley.

Like Chris said, you'll see the Coventry sign/ BOC gas sign and its waaaay up the back, two level building. We see heaps of choice cars boosting up and down there all the time.

Coventry Motors LTD.

09-4431966.

21 Porana Road, Glenfield/ Wairau valley.

Like Chris said, you'll see the Coventry sign/ BOC gas sign and its waaaay up the back, two level building. We see heaps of choice cars boosting up and down there all the time.

Thanks for this! I will give them a call and discuss! Thank you!

I'd be super paranoid about using a random storage place. Make sure it's insured to buggery whatever you do and that the insurance is aware of the scenario.

Yea Im very nervous about what todo, I am going to phone the insurance company today and discuss my options with them. 

If you get really pressed and don't mind driving it down south, I could tuck it in the back of my shed for you.

Wow, that is an incredible offer! Could be an excuse for an epic trip south for those last memories before I have to pack it away...

I would imagine if you wanted cheaper secure storage that it would be far more economical to bring it too a cheaper town where storage is cheaper. Something like wanganui etc that still has good secured alamed storage places

Yea Im happy to pretty much drive the car anywhere in the Island as long as I can guarantee its safety!

We could probably fit you into our shed at Matangi (near hamilton). We could shoehorn it in the corner where Yowzer's crown used to live. $17 per week. 

Thanks for the option mate, I will be in touch!

My Storage King unit is $3488 for a year. It's quite a lot bigger than a car but not quite big enough for two cars. Weirdly, it was cheaper than the next size down.

Yea these are the sorts of prices I have come across.. thats 7k by the time I get back, its going to hurt my account bad while im studying. But it is a fuck tone better option than selling!