Chris's 1987 MKII golf eurocup racer car with added moss

yoeddynz

As can be seen here...

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/48769-cul8rs-1987-mkii-vw-golf-gti-16v/

Cool. Should clean up quite nice being white. Shame about the seats being ripped but possibly an easy repair? Id go see Wayne Patrick so you can chat about Vauxhalls. (While your there pinch me his set of 13" Hustlers with the Viva stud pattern)

I spent a fair amount of time ragging about in a mates mk2 in Oxford. Was bad boy spec lowered and blacked out. Forever hot boxed to the tunes of sweet Reggae. Fun times..

Looking forward to see what you do with it. I believe those steering wheels like what's in that one are fairly rare and sought after especially in America.

By the way if you decide to change the wheels I could be interested in buying the ones on there. I quite like them.

Sorry Clint, cant do it, have already waterblasted it everywhere, door shuts and all!

Brock, probably not 2k cup, however we have a work trackday coming up, and brothers mate is always trying to get me to come out and do autocross, gymkhana's..

I do have the rest of the steering wheel yes, need to re-index it

Apparently he used to have ATS Cups on it, before he knew what they were worth, sold them cause he had too much guard rub. (I was frothing when he said so, I'd love a set!)

@ MM, you have a high chance then, Im already bidding on some BBS wheels in japan...

Alex, yes I still talk to Wayne pretty much every fortnight, however I also know a chick that is very handy with leather too...

• 2 weeks later...

What other bits do you have? Found the Passengers headlight lens has been glued on with Im guessing Ados as its fallen off completely?

After a quick google they're all the same apparently from about 85-92. 

I'm pretty sure they are the same for all of them. Qualitat sell some Topran ones for $150 (was a few years ago that I bought it) but that failed after about 2 years so I wouldn't get that. Actually there are a few Mk2s at Upick, if you want I could go over there and get those for you (if you aren't in Auckland).

As for the headlight lens, that it common to happen with the factory glue. A few times now I've pulled the grill off a Mk2 and have the lens fall off as well.

I've actually got some lowering springs I'm selling, will send you a PM. Let me know if Mitch doesn't have any.