Fuel Tank Sealer

Nominal

I took a look inside the fuel tank of my project car today, which has been built for a number of years, and had fuel sitting in it for about 4 years while I (don't) work on it. I like to keep it in running order to make it easier to move around but it has eaten a number of pumps.

The tank is fairly rusty inside (on the bare steel) and I need to de-rust and seal it. I have used the POR15 kit before (years ago) and it worked OK I guess. The outer shell is zintec, and I should have used it for the internal bits too.

mmtank010.jpg

Is it still the best available, or are there other products around. I really only want to do this once, and have it last a long time.

Anyone ever had a tank zinc plated/galvanised?

• Like 1

May sound wak but fibreglass would be good to line it with. Its what almost all the underground storage tanks are made of. Maby even get away with just coating it in the resin. But theres probably better methods of acheiving what you want. Just never had to as i use aluminium.