Scrmntoy's 1983 Toyota AE85 - Discussion

Scrmntoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those rear speaker wires are classic. Sorry, there's not enough room for you to sit in the middle. My speaker wires are taking that space,

On another note, what bits need replacing?

Ha yea, and in the boot it changes from normal speaker wire to about 1m of chunky house wiring as the speaker wiring wasn't quite long enough.

At this stage not a whole lot needs replacing, just replacing and cleaning up the water/coolant pipes and a few seals at the moment which have started leaking out a bit of coolant plus will be be doing timing belt/seals/waterpump etc as theres no record of when it was last changed and look rather old. Guess its from sitting around for 3 years everything has become bit brittle and perished. 

Also maybe keeping an eye out for a Trueno front end to turn it back into the Trueno it once was, Levin front is growing on me though

• Like 1

I like the creativity of some people.

I did my water pump on my 4A-GE, they gave me one for a FWD pump which's impeller was too tall to fit into the RWD back casting. Just make sure wherever you get it from they don't make the same mistake!

Ever thought of getting the bits in from Japan? AE85/6 parts for Africa over there

Oh real, did they allow you to return or swap the waterpump? I'll be getting engine parts through my local Toyota dealership so hopefully they get it right, deal with them regularly through work and get parts at trade prices which is a bonus.

Haven't though about getting bits from Japan. Won't worry about the trueno front till a little later on down the track or if I see any parts that pop up at good prices, then swap everything when I do the repaint next year.