'R' Diff Identification

anglia4

So I'm planning to use an R200 diff in my anglia and thinking of doing a trip to zebra in a couple of weeks to find one.

But I have no idea about them.

How do I tell apart an R180 and an R200?

Do R180's and R200's share the same mounting dimensions? (i.e if I got a 180 now and built the car around that, could I upgrade later)

Do R200's come in any 4 stud model nissans?

(I'm planning to pick up a whole rear end and 4 stud would be my preference)

Hello there!

R200's are BIGGER than R180's.

Old Nissans are 4stud and can come with either. If you want to use an R200, then use an R200 from the start, mounting regardless it's a scale and offset thing. I assume some of the non-turbo S13/14, R32/33 cars may come with R200s and be 4stud but I can't confirm that.

Older R200 cars will be UJ, R30-ish onwards will be CV type. Older R200s are long-nose and most stuff you'll find around will be short-nose in modern gear.

Cool cheers!

Short nose is definitely what I'm after.

Without being able to put them next to each other to compare size, is there another way to tell the R180 & 200 apart?

Or does someone have a measurement for the two housings?

I can't do fuck-all from work connection because it's slow as shit but just do a google image search for R180 vs. R200, they're different in appearance due to crownwheel size. So your "bulb"(for lack of a better term) of the diff has to come in further and so looks more offset on an R200 whereas an R180 looks closer to being symmetrical (but it's not) and then an R160 looks like a Chupa~Chup. You don't want that.

• Like 1