Kc's 1982 skidma Discussion

Kc'sEX

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what the deal is with air shocks? does it make it easier or harder to lower? keep or replace?

air shocks are just there for if you have a big load and the back squats down so you can pump them up to get the back level again. If your car has lots of suspension travel they should have individule air lines or else when you go round a corner all the air will go to one side not what you want for decent handling.

Hey bro, nice Sigma

Have you tried the modgies on? I have a feeling that 13" rims dont clear the front calipers.

Yeah, now i had a feeling about this looking at how close the caliper was to the factory 14" rim. simple fact is i haven't had enough motivation to try them on due to its been raining here for the last 3 days. i have my fingers crossed that because of the stepdown from the inside centre of the rim is almost instant (Hope that makes sense) where is the factory rim has a small step down and far out from the inside centre. have you tried 13x7 wheels on your sigma? im hoping if the caliper rubs a bit then 5-10mm spacers will sort this out 

If your wheels do fit, we have a powdercoating booth at my work in brightwater and could possibly do you a deal

as money is a bit tight for me atm everything is pretty much being done on the cheap cheap but im open to hear your options, cheers

air shocks are just there for if you have a big load and the back squats down so you can pump them up to get the back level again. If your car has lots of suspension travel they should have individule air lines or else when you go round a corner all the air will go to one side not what you want for decent handling.

so simple fact is replace the shocks?

so simple fact is replace the shocks?

i just put air shocks in the old mans wagon to help it out a bit when you have a full car load. Since its close to bump stops they make it a lot less bumpy when you pump them right up.

I personally would keep them if they are still good. Yes there is a lot better handling shocks out there that will out perform the air shocks any day but really it depends what you want out of the car if its just a cruising car i would just keep them.

i just put air shocks in the old mans wagon to help it out a bit when you have a full car load. Since its close to bump stops they make it a lot less bumpy when you pump them right up.

I personally would keep them if they are still good. Yes there is a lot better handling shocks out there that will out perform the air shocks any day but really it depends what you want out of the car if its just a cruising car i would just keep them.

yeah they are still good, but as i can only see one valve i would assume mine has just the one line. is it difficult to split the lines into individual? This car will be on its bum so with soft springs i can play around with the air pressure to differentiate comfort/ride quality?

The more air you put in the more it raises the back so you get a bit more travel so less chance hitting the bump stops meaning much nicer ride. Since your going so low i wouldnt worry about two lines since the car wont be able to roll far anyway.

Adding air wont make the shocks firmer they just give you the ability to raise the back a bit

Have you tried 13x7 wheels on your sigma? im hoping if the caliper rubs a bit then 5-10mm spacers will sort this out 

I have tried standard Lancer EX 13" wheels on the front and they didnt fit. Could try spacers. I cant remember if it was the smaller diameter being the issue or something else.

I have tried standard Lancer EX 13" wheels on the front and they didnt fit. Could try spacers. I cant remember if it was the smaller diameter being the issue or something else.

Just tried the modgies on the front and they clear the caliper by about 1.5mm. WIN!

there is honestly stacks of this stuff, i got my extractors off a '76 Galant and when i was looking at tail lights i found eterna sigma lancer etc and he had old Toyota lights etc and had a ke (36)? wagon in his yard also