pedrac3rs 1985 AE85 Levin discussion

Truenotch

• 2 weeks later...

Did you have it at taupo this weekend? how'd it go?

I need to get to one of those days.

Yeah I made the trip down, was a good day! I wasn't driving properly for the two sessions in the morning, then decided to man up and drove like I should and it was all good! Had the banjo bolt for the wastegate fall out so didnt have any high boost, 160kw wasnt quite enough to grab fourth on the exit.

Heres a quick clip

Jealous of fab skills.

How much power you make with the turbo?

Cheers mate. Back then with T25 it made a 115kw, probably one of those low reading dyno's... It gained 35kw, but it felt like alot more than that haha.

• Like 3

Yeah, would of liked to been able to bang 4th on the apex of the sweeper, Ill locktite these wastegate banjos in from now on and have crack at it on high boost. Ill try some faster and more interesting entrys next time too!

Yup same car, Peter from NZPC (at the time) had his datsun at Grants shop at the same time I had mine there, so he was keen to feature when he saw it all "finished". Made heaps of changes since that photoshoot, so I'll continue updating and get it to present day.