Grant's 1970 Datsun 240Z

Cowabunga

Series 1 too! awesome stuff. Love the original hubs man those are hard to find.

Yea I will definitley be keeping the original hub caps and wheels, They seem to have been replaced by 90% of the dealers when the cars where new.. Stoked to have them.

Im after some wheels to give it a meaner look as it remind me too much of a grandads car atm. haha

That is the hotness, really really like it.

Interested in a shoot with a modified one for shits and giggles one afternoon? You seem to be into taking pictures too! They're nice!

Hells yea. alway keen to take photos of cars! I dont think ill make the meet up tomorrow night buy definitely the next one..

I saw this car parked in Auckland a while back. I wrote a DIY Oldschool 'company card' while I was waiting in the line at the bank ready to slip under your wiper. But when I got back you were gone...

Glad it made it here in the end though!

Haha awesome! yea I made it finally been meaning to sign up for ages but been lazy. Im glad you like the car. was a pain to get here but well well worth it in the end.

Reckon you can make it out to Caffeine and Classics this coming Sunday?

It's held at Smales Farm on the North Shore from 10am onwards (finishes around 12:00-1:00pm though generally), I'm so keen to see this car!!!

yup I will try and be there! where are the details of this?

Yeah, you'll be paying premium for Watanabes but there were some on trademe last night in 14" for $500 but they're gone now.

Here's an idea of nz price (wrong offset I realise) http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/alloy-wheels/auction-876580298.htm

I'm looking at these for my S30 at the moment but shipping and GST might kill it: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic05a01/25-1065

They're fairly well priced when compared to other brand-new rims (if you were to buy brand new).

Konig's are alright but they just don't quite look right. Same as the smaller minilights/lites. The old larger superlites. Etc.

R type RS-Watanabe's are where it's at. The problem in Grant's instance is that the R-Type starts at 8" wide.

That said, 15x8 0

R1580%20114.JPG

and 15x9 -13

R1590%20114.JPG

or could be slightly more conservative and run an 8 in back as well or an 8.5 -6

R1585%20114.JPG

Also, I wouldn't have thought that guy could get that price for those wheels even if only because of the stud pattern, 4x114.3 commands a higher price premium than all other sizes it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I would change is make them a shade of charcoal instead of the black, otherwise they look really good.

They actually are charcoal, just the harsh lighting when I took the photo made them come out black,, Will just re edit the photos to show the charcoal... But thanks! :-)