SOHC's AG175

SOHC

All I had when I was younger was shitty 2 stroke bikes DT175s Strange Kawasaki 125, Suzuki TS185, and now I kinda miss them,

I got a 1970s AG175 for a box or beer the other day, I plan to make it look like a DT175 and get rid of the bigger fuel tank for a smaller Yamaha RD tank or something and the wide seat needs to go, it has a funny factory tail pipe witch is to clear the rear luggage rack witch looks like a droopy dick.

The bike looks like this

Ag175_zpsb9j62ull.jpg

I want to make something look like a classic scrambler like this.

IMG_0019_zpsjzaeidrh.jpg

My bike is pretty bad, has a buckled front rim, stuck forks, head and barrel is off and it has been in a carport for 5 years like that, right now its in the boot of the car,

• Like 2

Plan is if i get a chance in the next couple of days is to wip the motor apart and see if the gearbox is good, if its not the whole lot is going to the scrap. 

If i can find my old one you can have the gearbox.  Mine ate its piston rings and spat them out the exhaust.

• Like 1

Got a new motor coming, the old one sucked in lots of water when the bike fell off a bridge then sat round till the rings stuck to the bore, also ground off the conduit off the rear guard for the wiring and gave the exhaust system 30 mins at  800 degrees C in the kiln to burn out the carbon, fuck me did it smoke.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Removed all the conduit of the rear guard with the grinder and welded the new seat brackets on, also got a good 2nd hand set of leavers and throttle tube. of a Suzuki TF125 someone abandoned in the bush

front and rear guard + petrol tank have been gold plated, photos to come.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

IMG_1414_zpsfjv9jd9y.jpg

IMG_1415_zpschnvbjkk.jpg

Got this motor form another oldschooler,  got rid of the auto lube and just pre mix the fuel now, been riding on some of the tracks, I can get this bike places I don't dare take my others, its like a tractor. 

• Like 2