73mitsubishigsr 1973 Mitsubishi GTO GSR

dwlee

Project thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/47909-steves-73-mitsubishi-galant-gto-gsr/

Hi Steve,

You're making good progress with the engine. I assume the head is the original square port head given the exhaust manifold. Did you use the chain kit from the later balance shaft 4g52 and if so did you have any issues? By the way if you're concerned about rust in the metal pipe running from water pump to the heater they are still available from Mitsubishi ex Japan (ordered one last week). The molded heater hoses were still available two years ago so are probably still available if you need them. 

Dave    

Hi Dave

Thanks for the info, can you get all heater/radiator hoses or is it just the heater hoses? How much did the pipe cost? Mine is ok but i may get one and have it as a spare,

I will pop into my Mitsubishi dealer and find out about the hoses on Monday.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I only tried to get the heater hoses as I couldn't find anything else that fitted correctly. The part numbers for the two heater hoses are MB030230 and MB030231 and the cost around what you would normally pay for heater hose from Repco. The heater pipe cost me $117+gst, which was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but it would take me 1/2 a day to make one if I had to and it would not be as good as the factory part so it probably money well spent. The part number is for the pipe is MD021465. For the upper and lower radiator hoses the one for the Sigma work well. There Mackay rubber part numbers are CH1145 and CH1276 and you should be able to get those through either Supercheap or Repco. Note that Supercheap has the GTO in its parts guide if you hadn't found that yet.

Dave

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi Steve. Just came across this post from 2015.  Very nice restoration.  I’m looking to take on a GTO project like yours and was wondering if you finished your car.  I had one of these when they first came into NZ restored it some years later and then had it stolen and torched.     I’m currently hunting for a car.  Would love to see how your car finished up.    Cheers Andrew

On 13/05/2020 at 14:22, Andrew W said:

Hi Steve. Just came across this post from 2015.  Very nice restoration.  I’m looking to take on a GTO project like yours and was wondering if you finished your car.  I had one of these when they first came into NZ restored it some years later and then had it stolen and torched.     I’m currently hunting for a car.  Would love to see how your car finished up.    Cheers Andrew

Steve is still working on this. He pop's up sometimes on some of the Mitsi pages on Facebook.