Zeubin's 1972 Datsun 240z

flyingbrick

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You wont need a high stop light because it is over a certain age went through the same thing with my car.

Not entirely correct.

The high-stop rule is in regards to the date of registration into the country as opposed to the actual date of the car. So if an old car has had to be re-registered or is newly imported into NZ (after, 1990, I think) then it requires a high-stop.

Because you have the original ownership papers, you might well be able to swing it through without doing one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey Grant,

Yeah I was originally planning for 15" wheels but these came up on the Z club for $1500 with brand new tyres so couldn't pass it up.

Tyres are 225-50-16 on the rear and 205-50-16 on the front.

I like the rear height but the front is probably an inch too high so hopefully it'll settle after a few months.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How you going with the front ride height a few months on?

Do you have enough space to compress the fronts? there seems very limited range of 240z lowering springs..

Plenty in Japan, the Z is one of the most catered for Japanese classics afterall.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Grant,

I slapped a few bags of concrete on the front while it was in the garage to (ineffectively) squish the front down and it sort of worked.

I hear the thing to do is swap the rears for the front springs but that's a pain in the arse so I'm gonna roll it as is.

Alternatively there is the old chop chop.

Handling is really good so don't want to mess around too much

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Love your new zorst - look forward to hearing it and comparing notes - especially since I have recently gone for the double stack too. Intrigued to hear the difference with twin pipes. Your car is awesome - such a find. Love the white and red too. Hopefully bump into you at a zclub event. Glenn

• Like 2